Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which O2 Sensor?

Ok...

I've been running w/o an O2 sensor ever since I got the new motor in (for about 2 months now). I've decided to get an O2 sensor now lol...

Which car do I buy the O2 sensor for? a 90-93 Accord or a 93+ Prelude 2.2 VTEC?

Does it matter? Im trying to get my old O2 sensor off the old headers but...
    1) Its on there wayyy too tight
    2) That shit is 15 years old and I think its time to get a new one lol

Thanks,
    -Lam

90-93 accord depending on how you wired it up. I used my stock o2 so i use the accord one. Get you a wrench or a box end wrench with a pipe and some penetrating spray and you should be good. Might want to have a buddy hold the header so it doesnt move. Usually there a bitch to get off.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Either o2 sensor will work, im using one for a Prelude right now. Soak the base of the old sensor with some pb-blaster like NAiL05 said and wait a bit...Are you using an o2 sensor socket? If not they make the job much easier, especially when you install the new one and tighten it down.
      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
      Project 240SX
      Originally posted by chillin943
      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

92-96 prelude o2 is the same as a 90-93 accord EX o2... 90-93 accord LX o2's had the reverse plug... where was your O2 originally, on the header by the front mount, or on the downpipe under the car? if it was on the header, get an LX one, if it was on the downpipe, get the EX or lude one.

where is the bung right now, im assuming on the downpipe? if you have an LX that came with the o2 on the upper header, youre going to need to extend the O2 sensor connector wiring, so it reaches all teh way to the new location in the back... but since youd still be using the LX connector, youll need an LX o2 sensor... even though its in the EX/lude location on the downpipe.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          92-96 prelude o2 is the same as a 90-93 accord EX o2... 90-93 accord LX o2's had the reverse plug... where was your O2 originally, on the header by the front mount, or on the downpipe under the car? if it was on the header, get an LX one, if it was on the downpipe, get the EX or lude one.

where is the bung right now, im assuming on the downpipe? if you have an LX that came with the o2 on the upper header, youre going to need to extend the O2 sensor connector wiring, so it reaches all teh way to the new location in the back... but since youd still be using the LX connector, youll need an LX o2 sensor... even though its in the EX/lude location on the downpipe.
          Ok,

Currently, the O2 sensor is stuck in the Header. So this tells me that I have an LX. So I will buy an LX 02 Sensor. I think my buddy already extended the wire for the O2 sensor during the swap. Its just tucked n somewhere.

Thanks again,
          -Lam

Comment

if its still stuck, use some old WD-40 always works for me. i soak the bastards and let it sits while its chews the rust and then pry it off.
            1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
            2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
            3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
            Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
            Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

Working...
            X