BF Goodrich g-Force Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF Goodrich g-Force Sport

Anybody running BF Goodrich g-Force Sports?

Looking into getting some soon and wondering if anybody has any experience with them.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
    Anybody running BF Goodrich g-Force Sports?

Looking into getting some soon and wondering if anybody has any experience with them.
    I haven't had a set, but I know yeamans17 and cp[mike] both have them. I don't know Mike's opinion, but I know Zach(yeamans17) loved them.

I believe they're an old design now though. BFG replaced them with a similar, improved design...I could be wrong on that though.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

sports are still great tires for what they are, ill only run bfg's!

they have a semi high treadwear so they will last aswell...get em

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Yeah I thought about getting the ones you have but I read some reviews and they said the only bad thing is they have a short tread life. I think I am going to get these as I want some tread life.

Comment

i was looking at the reviews on them on tirerack.com and they seem decent. wet can be better. but im a guy who likes to force it in the rain. I dont like the sidewall.

im going for some dunlop direezas for my z. I am a BFG person however they dont make anything worth while in my size (245/45/17)

i run the bfg traction TA in my dads accord, they are pretty good...

i like slammed's tire...those are bad ass...but they dont offer them in my size for my z.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i had them on the cb7 but much preferred the nitto neogen's. lasted longer and seemed stickier to me especially in the rain. I actually threw another set of the sports on the 240 just to see if they would do any better and they were bald before long.
            Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
            Project 240SX
            Originally posted by chillin943
            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

hmmm.... I will check the nittos out. Thanks.

Comment

I've got them on my car (215/45ZR17). They're the best tire I've used yet. I've put on just about 22K miles on them and they're at 4/32nds of an inch left. So, they wear pretty well too. I'm thinking I could get prob. another 3k outta them til they're completely shot. Its a pretty smooth riding tire, and they balance out really well too ( I work for Discount tire so I do my balancing myself) Its a good tire for the money. No cupping or anything like that either.

Try checking out the BFG G Force Super Sport as well. That's the all season version of this tire, but its still ZR rated. I'm thinking of trying that out next.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

im looking at getting them as well. discount has them 70 mail in rebate. so i can get the 205-45-16 for less than 300 which isnt bad at all. only thing ive read so far is that most BFG's have more road noise, but with exhaust how can you really hear it anyways. i also think FL has a 25 off when you buy 4 tires from them, so 269 for 4 tires is a good deal to me.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

on cement, they are fairly loud...but so are my mudflaps

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Are you going to be driving every day on these tires?

I just bought a set of Dunlop Direzza Sport Star-Specs. They are super grippy dry, and have stiff sidewalls. The tread design leads me to believe that wet traction would suck. Plus, with a 200 treadwear rating I would not expect them to last a hair over 10k. That is why I also have a set of Continental Touring-Contact tires. Their cornering performance blows though.

I had Nitto Neo-Gens last year. They seemed to be a good compromise for driving every day on. They just were not competitive enough for me. I got over 25k out of those tires.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

good handling tire and i cant comment on tread wear since i had a bad alignment issue. they only lasted me 15k.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post

I just bought a set of Dunlop Direzza Sport Star-Specs. They are super grippy dry, and have stiff sidewalls. The tread design leads me to believe that wet traction would suck. Plus, with a 200 treadwear rating I would not expect them to last a hair over 10k. That is why I also have a set of Continental Touring-Contact tires. Their cornering performance blows though.

I had Nitto Neo-Gens last year. They seemed to be a good compromise for driving every day on. They just were not competitive enough for me. I got over 25k out of those tires.

reviews had said otherwise on the direzzas though in the wet. lol had some bfg comp TA which is just the gforce ta and had them for 7 years....i dont drive the z often lol. the UOA rating was i think 180.

have you tried them personally in the rain?
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                            Mainly just in the summer, don't want to ruin these wheels during the winter.

Comment

i completely loved the BFG GFS's. awesome treadwear and great dry. mine were starting to get bad when wet but thats because they we running super low on tread.

i would totally get a set of them again, except like somebody said they are an outdated model.

most recently i bought a set of Michelin Pilot Exaltos (also outdated now) for daily driver winter tires and those are amazing also! i wouldnt use them on my coupe though.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X