New member with a new daily driver + weekend warrior Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member with a new daily driver + weekend warrior Pics

Hello everyone, i stumbled upon this site when i was searching for fixes for a car i was about to buy. Which happen to be a 1990 Accord LX 4dr. This is my introduction thread, and i have to say im very impressed with the vast amount of information here, and how its easy to find with the handy search feature. Reminds me a lot of g2ic.com for 2nd gen integras.

Well I purchased the accord to be a daily driver, my integra isnt daily driver friendly anymore, and im going into sales with my company and needed something not so flashy.

It has power everything, minus the moonroof. A/C works, 125k miles, very clean interior. The car was at a vocational center where the students learned to replace the timing belt, brakes, tune up work etc...so everythings been done in the last 6 months. I picked the car up for $1100 bucks with a hairline crack in the radiator(that i changed the next day). Im impressed on how well it drives, and how big these cars are inside. The paint is terrible, normal clear coat problems with most early model hondas. Slight rust near the taillight, and the trunk leaks(havnt had a chance to climb in there and see where its coming from. Other then that shes great so far.

Anyway here's some pics of the accord and my other beast

and the Teg(owned since 2001 bone stock heh)

Anyway to the mod's here sorry if this is the wrong forum, i read the rules but the thread i wanted to post didnt fit into any 1 forum completely.

With the Accord, if she runs good for a while. Ill get it painted so its more presentable, but i think im going to leave it stock...as thats the entire reason i bought it. Though seeing the yellow and black housing headlights are making me want to mod the exterior, hahah but if i start...i couldnt stop.
    Last edited by JETSWU87; 12-28-2005, 06:59 PM.

Welcome

Your cars both look good, shoulda had the vocational school guys learn how to paint and repaint it while they were at it!

This post is fine, if you would like to make a members ride thread for the accord, check this forum out.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Here are the rules for that forum: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=279

Check out any of the members threads in that forum, and you will see how those threads need to be modeled. Glad to hear that the information and ease of finding it kept you around.

With the Accord, if she runs good for a while. Ill get it painted so its more presentable, but i think im going to leave it stock...as thats the entire reason i bought it. Though seeing the yellow and black housing headlights are making me want to mod the exterior, hahah but if i start...i couldnt stop.
    THats what we all said once upon a time
    Last edited by aero; 12-28-2005, 07:15 PM.

Comment

welcome man, your teg is now my new wall paper one of the cleanists ive seen, keep up the killer work

1966 Chevy Nova
      1974 Super Beetle
      2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
      2004 Honda Element
      2004 Honda Ruckus
      2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
      www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Omg Those Fogs On The Teg Are Fucking Sex!! Where Did You Get Them!!!!
        "form follows function."
        Louis Sullivan

Comment

i adore that mugen bumper. stunning teg, but... watch out... as you hang out on this site, just seeing other peoples cars will make you eventually mod your accord... itll start as just black/yellow headlights, then youll be like well just a drop and some wheels... then on and on and on....

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Nice find on the daily driver! Wish I could find something like that around here, but cb7s are gold in California.

And your teg is so hot! Those fogs are pure sex! Are they OEM or JDM or both?
            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Thanks guys,

aero- I've read the rules in most of the forums prior to posting, im a member to quite a few forums and i know how annoying n00bs are that dont read haha.

weezo- ty man

cp- I know i know, but i got an auto so i hopefully wouldnt want to mod. Truth is ive always wanted a cb7, i mean the gen2 teg was always my first choice, but i love the cb7s. However, if i mod it'll be subtile appearance, maybe some stock wheels from another car and a very subtile drop. Nothing to give the car away.

accordme & chan - the fogs are uhhhh APC the mugen bumper comes with clears back in the day, but those are near impossible to get ahold of. These are your very special advance auto parts APC fogs....but shhhh i dont tell many people that. Truth is there not even wired up, i really just like the look of them. In fact i just bought another set(my 3rd set) cause the rocks end up owning them over time and crack the lenses. I buy them whenever they go on sale, ill end up stocking up on a few before they're discontinued.

I got a question for you guys, those stock fogs how hard are they to come by? There's a guy that has an abondond cb7 at a shop with the stock fogs, i almost wanted to offer him some cash for them before he junks the car. Also how hard are the jdm 1 pieces to come by? I've checked a few jdm sites and they're not listed on many, the gen2 tegs 1 pieces are everywhere now days.

Comment

The stock fogs are fairly rare... I seem to see more 90-91 fogs around than 92-93 (there's a difference... the bumpers are different, and they don't fit properly if you try to mix) If you can get them, go for it! If the car is a 92-93 (check the tails... amber on the bottom is 92-93) then sell them to me! (seriously...)

It's a shame that the CB7 auto isn't really that great... Though many get into their autos and either deal with the handicap, or swap to 5 speed (accordtunerx, the founder of this site, was auto until last summer... he swapped to 5 speed almost a year after his H22 swap) There are a LOT of things you can do with these cars. They make the best sleepers!

Comment

oh i know, if i wanted to mod for sure i would've got a 5spd...If i mod at it all it wont be for go fast....thats what the teg is for

Well sorta, its not blazingly fast, but its nimble.

Im pretty sure that car is a 92-93 car. I was looking at the fogs, and they dont look very easy to get out, well theres no bolts/screws showing i should say.

Comment

i love the gray interior on your cb7, from what i've seen its hard to find, meanwhile im stuck with the maroon , anyways good luck with the car and on the teggy
                    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                    Project 240SX
                    Originally posted by chillin943
                    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

lol thanks, i was going to say that earlier, i hate the f'in maroon..Havnt seen many with the dark interiors.

Comment

nice rides man... if those fogs are as easy to come by as you say they are, throw a pair on the accord, i bet it would look good, those are the type of fogs ive been looking for for awile. you have a link of where to get them?

Comment

do they have advanced auto parts in minnesota?

Comment

Welcome!

Originally posted by JETSWU87
                            ... cause the rocks end up owning them over time and crack the lenses. I buy them whenever they go on sale, ill end up stocking up on a few before they're discontinued.
                            Try XPEL

>> Snag that bumper cover off that 92-93 before it's trashed. There's info on this site how to remove the bumper cover, and the fogs will come with it. While you're at it snag the foglight switch; takes 2 seconds.

You may decide to use it (you'd want to also use 92-93 headights ... yada yada) or sell just the fogs to finance something else. Speaking of which:

Originally posted by JETSWU87
                            ... but i got an auto so i hopefully wouldnt want to mod.
                            Um, yeah, just keep thinking that!
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

dump the cb w/94 accord ex alloys, a lip, some black housed head lights... and you got a decent daily driven for under a G if you can get good prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X