This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice!

the strut thread dilemma happened to me once, i had to firmly grip the strut rod w/ a vice grip down in the spring area and try and rethreading it while rod is held steady...

ps. PLEASE tell me you're SURE you're using the correct thread pitch die(sp?)... not putting your ability in doubt or anything

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Well, I wouldn't even know which die it is, since it's not a Honda product. The bolts on the top hat are 10x1.25, so I assumed that the strut rod was the same since it also used a 14mm nut.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

and you said you ran a die(sp?) through it or just tried to force the nut? ...

My Ride thread
        Flickr
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

I ran the die through the first couple of threads. They were already fucked up from the previous time I disassembled the assembly. It wouldn't start easy so I forced it a bit and it completely fucked those first threads. But I'm sure I can file them down to where there's no threads, so that isn't a problem.

I'll take some pics of what I'm talking about tomorrow.

Comment

cool, i'll b awaiting 'em

just thought i'd throw this out there... skunk2 struts go 4 $250 shipped for a set of four and are pretty damn good ...

My Ride thread
            Flickr

Comment

Ouch that sucks. Always gotta be careful doin that.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

This is the driver side strut. I got stuck right where it's at in the picture and it started turning with the strut rod.

here's the pass. side. you can tell where I tried to rethread it

I cut the dust cover in half, the used a vice grip to grip the rod(with a rag to protect the rod) and it worked perfectly as planned. Got the nuts off and then rethreaded them.

I also installed these

The front all assembled. Will go in after my trans goes in tomorrow

I'm having issues with the rears going back in. I remember when I first installed the suspension, it was a bitch to get the rears to go in because the bottom bolt would go in on one end but the other end was off by about 1/8" and had to some how manipulate the fucking bushing so it would line it. It's a pain in the ass to do it by myself, so I'm going to wait until I get help tomorrow.

Comment

i was about to say to vice grap them hoes...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I want to go drive it so bad!! It's been perfect weather for a photoshoot all day today. Hopefully it's the same tomorrow.

Comment

nice to see more of my former car on someone else's lol, when's my tranny going in?
                      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                      Project 240SX
                      Originally posted by chillin943
                      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Tomorrow morning as soon as alex gets here.

Comment

That H22 tranny makes your car pretty damn quick! I hate my car now.
                          3 CB's gone....
                          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

LMAO. Yeah, my car is pretty fucking awesome now. It's stance is fucking beautiful, rides beautiful and runs beautiful /Bisimoto voice.(only people who've talked to him will get it).

Got 272 miles on it now.

Comment

any news on this tranny adventure?

My Ride thread
                              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                                any news on this tranny adventure?
                                I think he is going auto.

wat?

Comment

Working...
                                X