msb4 losing reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

msb4 losing reverse

i just swapped my h22a w/ m2b4 into my cb7. the shidter felt a bit different from the f22 swap, but i didnt think anything of it. all week it ran hard with no problems. i was missing 3rd, but i just thought it was me getting use too the shifter.

yesterday at taco bell, i completely lost reverse. there were no symptoms or anything. i went too my friends house and i shifted the gears at the tranny and reverse all of a sudden started workin, and the shifter felt normal like it was with the f22. i raced all last nights and didnt miss any gears.

now today i was crusing at like 40 or so and rev matched to 2nd......i missed third. NOW if i shift real slow into 5th i can feel it grind and reverse doesnt work again.

im super fucking pissed. the swap came from hmotors and had 0 fluid in it, because of shipping purposes. i added a little over 2 qts of honda mtf before the motor was even started.

my guess is its a linkage issue. i know linkage stretches over time, but could this be my tranny going out?

Could be your master and slave clutch cylinders failing. Master tends to go first with the slave usually following.
    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
    Project 240SX
    Originally posted by chillin943
    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

how sure are you? my friend noticed yesterday it was leaking abit, but wouldnt i lose my clutch first? the fluid level isnt going down. i never had this problem before the swap. im new too hydraulic trannys. still learing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtechno
        i just swapped my h22a w/ m2b4 into my cb7. the shidter felt a bit different from the f22 swap, but i didnt think anything of it. all week it ran hard with no problems. i was missing 3rd, but i just thought it was me getting use too the shifter.

yesterday at taco bell, i completely lost reverse. there were no symptoms or anything. i went too my friends house and i shifted the gears at the tranny and reverse all of a sudden started workin, and the shifter felt normal like it was with the f22. i raced all last nights and didnt miss any gears.

now today i was crusing at like 40 or so and rev matched to 2nd......i missed third. NOW if i shift real slow into 5th i can feel it grind and reverse doesnt work again.

im super fucking pissed. the swap came from hmotors and had 0 fluid in it, because of shipping purposes. i added a little over 2 qts of honda mtf before the motor was even started.

my guess is its a linkage issue. i know linkage stretches over time, but could this be my tranny going out?
        I have seen that happen to a friend of mine....are you sure you got enough fluid in the clutch reservoir?

also after researching the problem (fluid didnt necessarily fix the problem) I have noticed alot of "H" owners having the same problem and it usually starts after missing 3rd a few times.....then 5th and reverse starts to act up

alot of Teg and Civic owners with an "H" are do the H2B swap on the tranny because its a tougher tranny

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
        ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

smseagren83 just had this problem with his m2a4 tranny from hmotors. He couldn't get the car into gear easily and when he did it would grind pretty bad. After replacing both master and slave the grinds and tranny issues disappeared. The problem is the internal seals start leaking and don't hold pressure, that's why you don't see a fluid level drop.
          Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
          Project 240SX
          Originally posted by chillin943
          anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
          Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
            smseagren83 just had this problem with his m2a4 tranny from hmotors. He couldn't get the car into gear easily and when he did it would grind pretty bad. After replacing both master and slave the grinds and tranny issues disappeared. The problem is the internal seals start leaking and don't hold pressure, that's why you don't see a fluid level drop.
            i hope yall are right. the fluid level is good in the reservoir. ill replace the clutch master tomorrow. ill let yall know whats up.

Comment

i get the slave for a prelude and does it matter for the master? my if the lude master bolts up, would it be an upgrade or does it even matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Vtechno
                i get the slave for a prelude and does it matter for the master? my if the lude master bolts up, would it be an upgrade or does it even matter?

Accord

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
                ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

i just bought the clutch master cylinder. ill be installing it after i eat. thanks guys.

Comment

nope. didnt fix it.

Comment

i found this on h-t. im guessing 5th gear syncro should do it correct?
                      http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1032769

Comment

Working...
                      X