engine seized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine seized

i was drivin home from work last friday and my engine started to get really loud as if there was no oil in it.. (sounded like a deisel engine) and then it just shitted out and stalled... so i pull over to the side of the highway pop the hood and theres no oil.. im guessing it all just shit out at once because the day before the level was fine.. anyway the motor was overheated like crazy and locked up after i tried to fill up the oil and crank it so i had to get it towed.. my question is does overheating that hot affect the tranny and or clutch because im gettin a f22b for 600$ within the next two weeks but it dont come with a tranny and was wondering if the tranny will fit and work..
    also wondering what signs i should look for in the tranny to check if it isnt useable or not worth using.

thanks

my engine did that and i used the same tranny and its fine, so i think u should be good

Comment

you didnt have to change the clutch or nothing?
      and is there alot of work involved in swapping it or do i just have to line it up to the flywheel or whatever and bolt it up?

Comment

How do you know it was seized....you manually turn the motor with a 19mm socket and breaker bar??? You sure the overheating isnt caused by something else...And if your gonna go with a new motor or f22b as you say swap out the clutch and flywheel to prevent you having to take it apart to change.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah i cant get it to spin for shit.. just took off the trans and the clutch is WORn out bad.. i might just pay the extra 200$ for the f22b tranny cuz mine was grinding 2nd when i bought the car.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            How do you know it was seized....you manually turn the motor with a 19mm socket and breaker bar??? You sure the overheating isnt caused by something else...And if your gonna go with a new motor or f22b as you say swap out the clutch and flywheel to prevent you having to take it apart to change.
            He said there was no oil in the original post.....
            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

here's a post on a local forum here in ottawa:

Complete F22B1 (SOHC VTEC).

Comes with....

Transmission
              Clutch
              ECU
              Axles
              turbo manifold

Great for boost.

$600

www.aznkid.com

Comment

Sounds like something that happened on my first cb7. It had a bit of rod knock for a few days and I knew it was gonna go, got off the highway after doing 80 and the oil light clicked on, engine clicked off and I rolled to a stop. I ended up waiting about a half hour then poured 2 quarts of oil in and started it up to make it the the gas station. I never took the engine apart but was told by the shop I worked at that the number 3 main bearing probably went. The tranny was fine though so I wouldn't worry about it.
                Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                Project 240SX
                Originally posted by chillin943
                anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Working...
                X