P28 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P28 question.

I found a guy with a P28 that want to trade + $20 bucks for my P13. it's chipped and has an H22 basemap. he has it in his BB4 lude BUT... he said the P28 doesn't run his digital temp and fuel gauges. thats why he wants to trade.

Does this sound legit to you guys? i called him and he seem knowledgeable. he said i can test it in my car and everything.

What does everyone think?

oh, i found this on craigslist.

If it says P28 on the side of it, then it's most likely a P28 and if you want a P28 then I would say trade it, but trade it straight up because if he really wants a P13 then he will trade it straight up, and save yourself $20

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
      If it says P28 on the side of it, then it's most likely a P28 and if you want a P28 then I would say trade it, but trade it straight up because if he really wants a P13 then he will trade it straight up, and save yourself $20
      well i wasn't sure if it would actually NOT run his gauges...

but i guess ill see tomorrow. im going to try it out with a test run and see how it works. what should i look out for in a bad ECU?

Comment

Also, a P28 won't run your IABs or the knock sensor (or EGR if that's important to you). I would keep the P13 and wait for a chipped P72.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
          Also, a P28 won't run your IABs or the knock sensor (or EGR if that's important to you). I would keep the P13 and wait for a chipped P72.
          well i don;t have IAB's and i think i would notice if i had a knock. and what is the advantage of EGR's? Besides i think part of my problem is the ECU. it's running really rich and is eating gas alive. and i am told that my EGR's and EGR valve might need to be cleaned out but im not sure what to do. the DiY is for an F22.

would running a P28 stop that from being an issue if it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
            well i don;t have IAB's and i think i would notice if i had a knock. and what is the advantage of EGR's? Besides i think part of my problem is the ECU. it's running really rich and is eating gas alive. and i am told that my EGR's and EGR valve might need to be cleaned out but im not sure what to do. the DiY is for an F22.

would running a P28 stop that from being an issue if it is?
            the knock sensor retards timing if you develop detonation, EGR will not help your gas situation, it may eat a few more MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
              the knock sensor retards timing if you develop detonation, EGR will not help your gas situation, it may eat a few more MPG.
              oh my bad. i forgot to mention that i have a power loss problem. but it's very random. new plugs, wires, ignition coil, cap,rotor. new t-belt with the swap. timing is right on.

like i said, its random. one minute, i can punch it through VTEC in first and second and be able to shift into fifth and cruise. the next i will try the EXACT same thing and it will feel more like im pulling a house. IDK wtf. i think it might be an ECU problem. I get a CEL code 22(VTEC oil pressure switch) in the morning but after it warms up, i can turn her off and start her back up and not have it anymore.

the only thing i haven;t checked was the chassis grounds... i could only find one ground connected to the motor. unless i should check all of them in the bay.

Comment

You have an H22 without IABs? Did you remove the plate?

I personally like have the knock sensor working in case I happen to get bad gas or something, so it will retard the timing to minimize possible damage due to detonation.

Have you tried replacing the VTEC pressure switch? The codes are usually pretty much right on the money as far as diagnosing problems...

You asked for opinions, that was mine.
                Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                  You have an H22 without IABs? Did you remove the plate?

I personally like have the knock sensor working in case I happen to get bad gas or something, so it will retard the timing to minimize possible damage due to detonation.

Have you tried replacing the VTEC pressure switch? The codes are usually pretty much right on the money as far as diagnosing problems...

You asked for opinions, that was mine.
                  no. The IAB are hooked up to straight vaccum. thats what Jose told me. he said something was broken anyway.

but my big thing is that i just think that some of my problems are ECU problems. Very little else could explain it. and couldn't you add a knock sensor same as adding VTEC to P06?

Comment

i hate knock sensors and egr just as much as jose, he can tell you about racing me down i-5 with my stock p13, thing looked like a diesel truck with how rich it ran. car ran a ton better with a chipped p28...
                    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                    Project 240SX
                    Originally posted by chillin943
                    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

the p28 has NOTHING to do with him not being able to run any sort of gauges. The guy's a fucking idiot.

Get the p28 and come to me. It's the only AND best solution.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                        the p28 has NOTHING to do with him not being able to run any sort of gauges. The guy's a fucking idiot.

Get the p28 and come to me. It's the only AND best solution.
                        it was tuned for a turbo H22 so it didn't run my car. i am going to see if he can get an H22 basemap to run on my car. then i could. but for now im still running the P13.

or if Joser can show me how to upload a basemap myself then it'll get me by until i can get to you.

and the "chip" that was in it said ssp or sst or something on it. didn't look special.

Comment

The chip brand is SST. That's the chip that everyone uses.

You don't "upload" a map. You need a chip burner to burn a map onto a chip.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                            The chip brand is SST. That's the chip that everyone uses.

You don't "upload" a map. You need a chip burner to burn a map onto a chip.
                            well then you see my dilemma. IDK WTF i am doing. if i can get him to put a stock H22 basemap on it then it'll be fine to drive until i get to you. if not then ill just have to wait. he also would take $120 for it. but im gonna be putting $120 up for those tires soon.

what about a P30 for $125?

Comment

Doesn't matter what ecu you get. If the p28 is already chipped then get it.

You could buy a chip, send it to me, I'll burn a basemap on it and you'll be good to go till you get tuned.

Comment

Working...
                              X