H22 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 problem

i had a h22 swap dropped in my car h22a4 and it runs perfectly fine but it bogs at 5000 RPM and VTEC doesnt open up all the way. and if i go any further then 5500 it takes forever for it to go to 5500 or higher then the check engine light turns on any feedback

I checked -
    VTEC Solenoid = clean and WORKS i applied voltage and it clicked
    Gaskets have all been replaced
    Frequently changed oil
    also clean injectors

Some factors that i have taken into account are

Not enough Oil pressure to engage Vtec fully = New oil pump
    Injectors suck = New injectors lol

k well i need some feedback any will help
    thank you everyone!
    xxx

What cel is it throwing? What ecu are you running?
    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
    Project 240SX
    Originally posted by chillin943
    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

ECU is a P13 but i bought it from a sketchy dude for cheap but my friend has a P28 untouched and im thinking ill send it in for chipping. and i havent checked my CEL code my car is getting a oil pressure sensor replaced on wednesday.
      xxx

Comment

Check the cel when you get a chance, it's probably not hitting vtec because of the oil pressure sensor...how do you know it needs replaced?
        Project 240SX
        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

arent you the same guy that posted that you have a major oil leak. i believe you posted in the NW section. did you get that resolved?? could play a part in why ur car is acting up. by the sound of ur leak and problem id say the two are related.
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

haha well i got an oil change and ive been meaning to replace it cause i didnt think it was that bad but pretty much all my oil is in my garage lol and the oil was coming out so much that when it snowed last week that my downpipe was on fire haha so thats how i found out i needed to replace it
            xxx

Comment

so you figured out what the leak was from........??
              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

yeah my friend who does swaps took a look at it and found out right when he got under my car lol so im gettin it fixed wednesday.
                xxx

Comment

well? ok....what was causing so much oil to be spit out??

Comment

yeah it just made it spill out like crazy.
                    xxx

Comment

hahaha sean you are trying so hard to get an answer, mpaccord (what is your name again anyway? i met you up in burlington awhile back lol) are you saying the oil pressure sensor is what is causing the leak?
                      Project 240SX

Comment

yeah that was so long ago lol yeh its Harvey
                        no he was asking about the huge oil leak that i got but i got someone that looked at it and it was my oil pressure sensor that needs to be replaced lol but this thread is asking feedback about why my vtec isnt working lol yeh i was hella jealous when i heard your car crack vtec lol hows your car doin anything new?
                        xxx

Comment

Dude I'm 99% sure your vtec problem is because of that sensor being bad and leaking like a seive. Yeah I got a bunch of new stuff on my car within the last few months, it really sucks that the weather is so bad though. Wet roads are no fun lol. You should check out the nw spring meet thread...http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...8&page=1&pp=20
                          Project 240SX

Comment

yeh man i really hope your right haha but yeh i just picked up some HIDS from tech auto sound in lynnwood and im pretty excited to put them in and theres this place that i found online and i talked with the manager of the company and i said up an account with him and hes down for selling me stuff if i get a big order in so check this shit out and lemmek now if your intrested haha but christmas im getting a new hood cuz my hood is complete crap now and mugen lip too haha

http://jdmcarboy.com/
                            xxx

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                              Dude I'm 99% sure your vtec problem is because of that sensor being bad and leaking like a seive. Yeah I got a bunch of new stuff on my car within the last few months, it really sucks that the weather is so bad though. [/URL]

thats exactly what my point was. or what i was trying to help you out with man. my above comment stated that i was sure that your OIL LEAK was directly related to your problem. bad oil pressure sensor can affect your mad VTAK yo?

i wasnt tryiing to bring up the other problem from the NW section, but rather put 2&2 together.

Comment

Working...
                              X