why do Rota's suck so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lokuputha
    I always thought racing tracks were more smooth than normal roads...taking the highways in Toronto, I can't imagine any race circuits demanding more from a wheel
    Maybe top end tracks, the cost to maintain a track surface is sooo much money. Most tracks our cars would see are , nicely said, "going to have charater" and that causes alot of problems when pushing a car.

At the track i have only seen 2 sets of rotas, one on a 92-95 civic with a fart tip (Slow ass ricer) and i pretty quick integra, the integra used the rotas to drive home.

most racers have a few sets of strong, ugly, solid rims... normally cleaned with oven degreaser... with cuts and scratches covering the surface.
    Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

I never really liked Rota wheels.
      Every other Civic/Integra has Rota wheels and it becomes, "monotony."

...well, that pic of the Integra with the busted wheel...brutal man, brutal.

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
      1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

I guess it depends who you mod for...I mean every Accord has the same wheel stock lol.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i dont have no problem with rota its like me being an authentic jordan head after a while the fakes are around some much it doesn't even bother u anymore..to each is own, rotas make a person on a budgets dream come true, its just a look people are goin for, if some1 really wants to go all out they'll buy real volks,works,ssr's, etc. i'd rather have a engine with power and fake wheels than have a stock 100-2xx,xxx motor and real wheels, not everyone has money like that so..o well thats just my $0.2

Comment

I have a set of rota circuit 8's and I love em. I have plenty of friends that ride on rotas as well and they love em too. They aren't my FIRST choice of rims exactly but they are GREAT for the price and they are still great lightweight wheels. Don't go curb hoppin, thats what SUVs are for
            R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
            FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
            Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

track...show...street...this is stupid talk you should be able to drive hard whenever you feel like it.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                track...show...street...this is stupid talk you should be able to drive hard whenever you feel like it.
                x2
                R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
                FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
                Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBzzMn
                  X2, do you really think that light weight wheels can stand full contact with a curb. They are not steelies or cast alloy wheels like stock.

#1 rota's are not as strong as other rims
                  #2 rims are not going to survive a curb impact
                  #3 rota's are most likely just fine for sliding around corners, dragging around, etc
                  #4 NO rim is designed to be slammed into a curb and survive
                  #5 unless rota's start doing this while going down a drag strip or while cornering, there is nothing wrong with them (given their current safety ratings etc)

Now my 240sx rims hit a curb and barely had a scratch...lower control arm bent but nothing else...going about 15mph? A SLOW impact though.

They are not as strong as other rims BUT no rim is going to be usable after a medium-high speed curb impact.

would y'all agree or am I missing something else here?
                  ____

Comment

Just blame them damn filipinos. Cheapos

No, rotas are cool. I just cant rock the replica stuff anymore. Rotas never gave me problems.

BTW, im not racist. Im filipino too.

Japanese for the win haha.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired
                      Just blame them damn filipinos. Cheapos

No, rotas are cool. I just cant rock the replica stuff anymore. Rotas never gave me problems.

BTW, im not racist. Im filipino too.

Japanese for the win haha.

Yeah.. I was hating on Rota at first becuase they copy every single rare JDM piece. But eventually I grew to love em. When I found out they are made in Philippines I was like no wonder they are copy of JDM rims Haha , rota is not the only company who copies other popular or rare rims. and yeah I'm filipino too.

I wouldn't cal rota being sucky at all since they are made of high quality. It's just dpends on the owner how he treats them. Abuse them , they they'll get fucked like any other rims out there.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

well I guess if you want those rare rims...and you don't make a habit of slamming into curbs HA HA...then rota's are fine
                        ____

Comment

shit alot of those rare rims are almost impossible to find sometimes rotas a good option if u like the design not the label for instance the sprinthart cp-r vs rota track r same design less money

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

drags are made in japan though, fully engineered in kyushu japan or something like that.

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

Konig makes replicas. Drag makes replicas. American Racing makes replicas. Hundreds of companies make replicas. Hell, anytime ANYTHING popular comes out, you're guaranteed to have replicas popping up like mushrooms on a rotten log. Music, movies, motorcycles, spoilers, grilles, tail lights...anything somebody can replicate, they will.
                              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                              Short ram intake
                              Tenrai Himoto catback
                              Smashed front end
                              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

no one mentioned the fact that forged rims have a higher chance of surviving AND being repairable after a hard hit....
                                Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                                Project 240SX
                                Originally posted by chillin943
                                anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                                Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Working...
                                X