Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low offset, big lip, wheels on a cb7? (pix of other hondas inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low offset, big lip, wheels on a cb7? (pix of other hondas inside)

can our cb7s use low offset (like +15) wheels and get the big 2.5" + lip? I currently have 18x7.5 with a 2" lip and there is no way anythin wider will fit without rubbin, and if the offset is changed by -5 ill rub the inside in the back. So how do all these civis and integras below do it:

1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

They can do it because they're not running 18 inch wheels. Most of those are 15's. Smaller the wheel, the more offset u can run because the diameter of the wheel isnt as big of an issue as say an 18 inch wheel because an 18 inch wheel would take up more room inside the fender.
    www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

some of these guys are fitting 17x9 and 18x8.5 into their EGs and DAs....I want a bigger lip but dont want the rims sticking out 2"s past the fenders
      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

15" or 18" wouldn't you have the same overall diameter anyways?

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Originally posted by hondaracer33

No my brother. Does a circle of 15" radius has the same diameter than a circle of 18" radius. Or is a 15" diameter circle the same as a 18" diameter circle I think you are probably thinking of the width of the wheel.

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

depends what series of tire you are running too. right now i'm running +32 16x8s in back with a 205/50/16 tire. i bought the rims with used 225/50/16 tires on them and they rubbed fender around corners. i'm sure you have rolled your fenders already but running a stretched tire setup may help you a bit. running more negative camber also helps a lot as the tire will push up and towards the car as you corner. but i don't know how much clearance you have as far as the upper arm goes with the 18's...
            Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
            Project 240SX
            Originally posted by chillin943
            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

OT: That red integra is fucking sick. holy science...
              Last edited by Accord R33; 06-12-2007, 07:17 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by seigneur_rayden

No my brother. Does a circle of 15" radius has the same diameter than a circle of 18" radius. Or is a 15" diameter circle the same as a 18" diameter circle I think you are probably thinking of the width of the wheel.
                Or tire diameter.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

Does a 55 profile tire have the same diameter has a 35 profile tire?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

have a look at timmyotool's car. he has that same look. later.
                    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                      have a look at timmyotool's car. he has that same look. later.
                      so did stickydiljoe.. to the original poster, i'd take stickydiljoe's advice!
                      .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

.............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

JDM "VIP" look. the ol school limo look.

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
                          My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

Sorry to confuse! I did say OVERALL. What I ment was, no matter what diameter wheel you chose, you typically select a tire size to match the OEM diameter. Therefore if you had 14" OEM wheels, then you might have a 185/70-14 tire. The overall diameter is 24.2". Therefore if you have an 18" tire you might select a 215/40-18 tire. Now your overall diameter is 24.77". Or you might chose a 215/35-18 tire which is 23.9". One is a little bigger and one is a little smaller, but as close as possible to OEM specs. Sorry if I sounded like a nooB.

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Sorry to confuse! I did say OVERALL. What I ment was, no matter what diameter wheel you chose, you typically select a tire size to match the OEM diameter. Therefore if you had 14" OEM wheels, then you might have a 185/70-14 tire. The overall diameter is 24.2". Therefore if you have an 18" tire you might select a 215/40-18 tire. Now your overall diameter is 24.77". Or you might chose a 215/35-18 tire which is 23.9". One is a little bigger and one is a little smaller, but as close as possible to OEM specs. Sorry if I sounded like a nooB.
                              It's alright. I reread Ur post and I just saw that U said OVERALL diameter.

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X