Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hmm stock P13 pulling harder than myy p28?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm stock P13 pulling harder than myy p28?

i plugged in my p13 today with j1 cut, which is completely stock, it seemed to pull alot harder all over the place, of course redline kicked in but what should i do lol i need a better basemap.

i have the vafc for now... should i lean it or richen it or what.
    ]

Is your p28 stock?
    H22-T FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jDmacCordh22a
      Is your p28 stock?

phearable basemap
      ]

Comment

^^Thats why. Get it tuned properly.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Also vtec kicks in late on a stock ecu so you can feel a lot more tq all at once. smooth crossover with a lower vtec point will actually make more power when tuned correctly even though you can't feel the power on a butt dyno lol.
          Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
          Project 240SX
          Originally posted by chillin943
          anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
          Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

im waiting ... lol...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I am burning my own chips now but it is a pain trying to guess what works better when you dont have the proper tools to tune an ECU. My car is running alot better than before though

Comment

i certainly wouldnt be surprised if the stock P13 is running your engine better than the basemap on the P28 you have.

honestly, i dont think 1/2 of the H22 basemaps people burn for their P28s are running any better than the OEM P13 besides moving the rev limit/vtec point/taking off speed gov./bypassing knock

that is in comparison to using a stock P13 w/ all properly wired and working sensors!

only way to take advantage of a chipped P28 is to actually go and get a damn tune for your engine. everything else seems just a easy out for not needing/installing -knock/EGR/O2/iabs.

this is all IMO!!
                Last edited by SMseagren83; 05-29-2007, 04:11 PM.
                F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                  im waiting ... lol...
                  im waiting for n20 before i get tuned.
                  ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                    im waiting for n20 before i get tuned.
                    good idea, are you going to be using your P28 for that? And I agree that a stock P13 would probably feel better than an untuned P28

SOLD!!
                    Boosted H22
                    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                      Also vtec kicks in late on a stock ecu so you can feel a lot more tq all at once. smooth crossover with a lower vtec point will actually make more power when tuned correctly even though you can't feel the power on a butt dyno lol.
                      True. Honda did that on purpose just so you could hear it kick in lol You CAN actually make more power there by tuning some of that out and changing the crossover.
                      www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
                      http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                        phearable basemap
                        Stupidity abounds.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                        X