Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Euro-R intake manifold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe the s300 had no top protector plate on it so he turned it upside down and it made him lose power everytime he shifted. Dont believe everything you hear on honda-tech. At times they use it to bash other products so that they can make sales in for their own personal gain at times.

Comment

and what, promote the Euro R intake that HONDA makes?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

aside from that the only real reason why he lost that power was lack of his IAB's which he can gain back uptop if he takes the skunk2 intake manifold and just port and polish it and still at the same time have it fit. granted hell make more power. But his aem intake didnt help him and that dc header either. go hard or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          and what, promote the Euro R intake that HONDA makes?

not all the euro r intak emanifolds that you see dont come from honda. They are generic copies trust me on this . Stop believing everything you hear or see what they tell you. dam oh wait who are you and others to speak your not runnin an h22 at all so therefore you dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
            not all the euro r intak emanifolds that you see dont come from honda. They are generic copies trust me on this . Stop believing everything you hear or see what they tell you. dam oh wait who are you and others to speak your not runnin an h22 at all so therefore you dont know.

generic copies? stop believing everything we hear? but yet we are supposed to believe you? rofl. thats F'n hilarious in itself!

anyways i see this thread being closed soon. so to the original poster. jump on the deal man! you cant beat that price!!
            F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
            Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
              generic copies? stop believing everything we hear? but yet we are supposed to believe you? rofl. thats F'n hilarious in itself!

anyways i see this thread being closed soon. so to the original poster. jump on the deal man! you cant beat that price!!
              noone said you had to believe me i relaly dont care. All im sayin is this get the skunk2 take it to a machineshop port and polish it slap it on with a new gasket get it tuned. If you dont have headwork or bottom end work done to your motor itll deem itself useless to you save your money and get it fully built put that money towards that.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                noone said you had to believe me i relaly dont care. All im sayin is this get the skunk2 take it to a machineshop port and polish it slap it on with a new gasket get it tuned. If you dont have headwork or bottom end work done to your motor itll deem itself useless to you save your money and get it fully built put that money towards that.
                fully built? 2.6 was fully built and made more power with the euro-r...every other dyno i have seen with the skunk 2 manifold either lost power or made the same as stock. why are you defending a manifold you don't even use? show me a dyno plot where the skunk made decent power compared to the euro-r and then maybe people won't disagree with you.
                Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                Project 240SX
                Originally posted by chillin943
                anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Here's the deal.

Personally, I have heard mostly bad about Skunk2 H22 IMs.

Now.

There also is apparently 2 versions. The regular "old" version, and the new Pro Series version.

Personally, I haven't like ANY Skunk 2 product I have seen that wasn't a "Pro Version."

I dealt with some, but not all. Same with the Pro Series. So far, I haven't had issues with the Pro Series stuff. Alot of the regular stuff didn't even work right.

Now. My .02.

90% of "tuned" Hondas out there are slower than they were stock, because of a mismatch of crappy aftermarket parts.

There is a lot of information to suggest that the Euro R IM is better than most other. It is also a Genuine Honda OEM product, albeit not one for the US.

So, some modification is required, and some adapting. That isn't any different than a lot of other aftermarket parts I have seen.

Personally, I would stick with what we seem to know works. Yes, you could have a Skunk 2 machined, but considering they cost more than what you are paying for this complete Euro-R setup, I think it would be silly to spend the same amount for something that you have to pay extra to have machined, so that it will match the performance of the Euro R.

Assuming that the IM is actually an OEM Honda casting, it is a good deal.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Keep the thread flame free and on topic.

Comment

This investment would be for the long run, I know im not going to making mad crazy hp cause if just the IM. I want to get it cause it flows better than the JDM h22 IM. This summer I plan to get some headwork done with cams and a tune. This with the addition of the IM seems like a good bet. At least it does to me .

No reason to hate on each other. There will always be more than one product or one way to make power. Or as they say "to each, his own".
                      Last edited by myk; 03-26-2007, 12:44 AM.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
                      Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
                      Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
                      04 WRX stg 2 sedan
                      Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by myk
                        This investment would be for the long run, I know im not going to making mad crazy hp cause if just the IM. I want to get it cause it flows better than the JDM h22 IM. This summer I plan to get some headwork done with cams and a tune. This with the addition of the IM seems like a good bet. At least it does to me .

I have learned over time to stick with OEM as much as possible.

So I would tend to agree that it is a good deal, as long as the stuff is authentic, which if you trust the guy, it probably is.

Comment

I do trust him, he knows a ton more about hondas then me, he is one of those H2B guys. The euro-r came off his drag da, he now runs itb's.

Just in case, is there any easy way to spot a fake?

also does someone have a link to 2point6's write up?
                          ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
                          Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
                          Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
                          04 WRX stg 2 sedan
                          Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

id say go for it

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                            1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread
                            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I'd find the link for you, but h-t seems to be down right now.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by myk
                                I do trust him, he knows a ton more about hondas then me, he is one of those H2B guys. The euro-r came off his drag da, he now runs itb's.

Just in case, is there any easy way to spot a fake?

also does someone have a link to 2point6's write up?

Usually, there will be an OEM part code stamped on there somewhere. Sometimes it is the whole part #, but sometimes it is just the code, which often matches the ECU code.

Most OEM CB7 parts are stamped PT3 for example.

But, if you trust him, and he is laying down that kind of cash on his stuff, I am sure you are OK. Keep us updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X