Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

okay h22 owners post up why your car bogs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay h22 owners post up why your car bogs.

Yep its about that time again. Im about to dismiss my p13 ecu and go for a tuned p28 and run my car from there. For one i ran my car while had the short ram and I loved it until it booged no ecu code popped up though. Then it felt like it pulled timing then when i got home the car smelled like raw fuel and that was the last draw its tuning time. I want a smooth transition when I go into vtec if i get the map send your chipped ecu's to me and ill see if I can work something out to put a stop to this honda bug. Curse you to hell knock sensor and curse you to hell stubborn p13. BTw post up why did you bog while driving.

don't forget no egr to deal with either on a chipped p28
    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
    Project 240SX
    Originally posted by chillin943
    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
      don't forget no egr to deal with either on a chipped p28
      honestly i never had a problem with it even with the vacuum disconnected only prob i had on it was the wiring whenever it got disconnected thats about it .

Comment

my used to bog, it threw CEL 43 (fuel system) so I changed almost everything
        fuel pump, fuel filter, cap and rotor ect ect

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Maybe I'm off, but I heard that disabling the EGR means you should drop your ignition timing because you wouldn't need as much. I'll have to research into that more, but I know it may cause ignition timing issues without compensating with some ECU management system.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I dunno mine runs a p28 and its fine ONly complaint I have is the friggin rich ass tune I got on it.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Never had a problem with mine.
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

congrats, I and a few others figured it out last summer.

p13's blow ass, period. they ran best when the car was new, and the o2 sensor wasnt all sorts of fucked up.

your car will run WAY smoother and be faster once you get it tuned.

edit*

actually, its not just p13's, its all jdm ecu's and a lot of usdm ecu's. Not ALL, but a lot of them run pig rich. my pt3 sure as hell did.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  congrats, I and a few others figured it out last summer.

p13's blow ass, period. they ran best when the car was new, and the o2 sensor wasnt all sorts of fucked up.

your car will run WAY smoother and be faster once you get it tuned.

edit*

actually, its not just p13's, its all jdm ecu's and a lot of usdm ecu's. Not ALL, but a lot of them run pig rich. my pt3 sure as hell did.
                  We all know the way honda has done the transition to vtec wasnt all that great. Just 2 days ago my shit smelled like raw fuel and i know it can be faster If I play my cars right.

Comment

you see my tuner is going to do the p06 ecu and chip it with the p28 program and run that. Then tune it from there.

Comment

Im running with a chipped p13.. My runs great, vtec pops hard!!!!! mine runs a lil rich thou, but my car is not even tuned..
                      DA FASTEST ACCORD IN QNZ

The H-series potential only begins where the B-series ends.

83 Porsche 944 Black - Sold (my first)
                      91 VW Jetta GL Red - Sold
                      95 VW Jetta GLS VR6 swapped Green - Sold
                      90 Accord EX 4dr Navy Blue - Sold
                      91 Accord SE Gray - Stripped N Junked
                      92 Accord 10th AE Green - Sold
                      93 Accord LX 2dr Frost White - 4 sale
                      90 Integra 2dr JDM B16 White - Sold
                      93 Accord EX 4dr Black - New Toy

Comment

lol, its not great when vtec "pops" hard.

it should be a smooth transition.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          lol, its not great when vtec "pops" hard.

it should be a smooth transition.
                          No when it pops it has that m4d vt4k kickin in. Screw your smooth transition. I keed i keed

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if these stock ecus run "pig rich" how come you can pass emissions with them???
                            i have passed emissions for 6 years in a row now with a jdm h22, and stock jdm or usdm p13. never had drivability issues that were not caused by things like a broken knock sensor, unplugged map sensor, broken tps or clogged egr system. I even passed emissions one year with a skunk2 intake manifold as well as with the egr blocked off another year. Several of those years were with carsound high flow cats as well. The funny part is on each h22 I have had in my accord I put down 175 whp (stock longblock with an intake/exhaust and stock p13).
                            I have failed once and that was when I tried to pass with a chipped p28. btw to pass emissions in texas you have to be running at 14.4:1 to 15:1....thats not close to rich. The dyno charts i had showed low 13:1 range under full throttle...also not close to "pig rich."

Comment

ok, so you're one out of how many?

Comment

Working...
                              X