Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

2 1/4 pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 1/4 pipe

how much of a difference would 2 1/4 pipeing from the cat back make to a stock motor?

I beleive thats what we have stock, or at least what is put on after the stock rusts thru.

Comment

no i think we have just 2.00 or 1.75 im thinkin 1.75

Comment

When i got my old accord's exhaust replaced they told me the stock piping was 1 7/8. I would recommend the 2.25 but definately get a resonator put on right after the cat, otherwise it is extremely loud. On the top end your HP will improve slightly with an upgraded midpipe. Also would you be doing this and keeping the stock muffler? Concerning the myth about exhaust backpressure and upgraded piping that I'm sure you will be hearing about; http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=backpressure
        Fearit22 explained it well about halfway down the page.
        Hope that helps you out.
        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
        Project 240SX
        Originally posted by chillin943
        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

You're not gonna get much performance increase without an intake and muffler. If you get those two things, in addition to the muffler, you could probably get 8-15 hp.

Comment

stock we got 1.75...but i got a custom mandrel bent system with 2.25, with a header and intake..gave me about a 6-8 HP increase (auto)

Check Out My Car

Comment

common upgraded sizes are 2-2.5in for N/A and 2.5minimum-3+ on turbo'd cars.....u'll notice a difference in sound and power
              My members ride thread

Comment

yea i already have a muffler. i jsut have stock pipe and i dont think its doing much good with jsut the muffler and stock pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                  You're not gonna get much performance increase without an intake and muffler. If you get those two things, in addition to the muffler, you could probably get 8-15 hp.
                  intake and muffler got u that much huh?

Comment

well with header/intake/2.5in exhaust, a high flowing cat (ex: Random), and a good straight through "muffler" 15 or so hp can be gained depending on several aspects. low end torque will suffer some, i mean like very little.
                    the dc sports header claims 12-15hp alone, muffler=1-2hp, 2.5in exhuast maybe 2hp, high flow cat= another 1-3hp. so around 15-20 when all said and done. just my guess...plz jump in u exhaust genious's
                    My members ride thread

Comment

strait thru mufflers will give you no gains. mufflers like mugen twin loops and rs*r's are a different story

Comment

I'm running 2.5" straightpipe. Starts at o2 housing with 2.5'', then a 2.75'' flexpipe (new), followed by 2.5'' all the way back to the "muffler", sounds awesome (I'll post a vid) and flows very well, not restrictive at all...

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                          strait thru mufflers will give you no gains. mufflers like mugen twin loops and rs*r's are a different story
                          hmmm might wanna rethink that statement......
                          will give u more gains than mufflers like magnaflow or something with baffles......common sense in a can....
                          My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                          X