Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how to disable vtec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you have anough pressure a 1500rpm or so...oil pressure is not a problem.i should be able to "kick" vtec at 2000rpm easely. but every one knows that vtec disangage at 5200 rpm....where did you take your info steelbluesleepR?

Comment

why not get some toda killer cams for a vtec-less system

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

they are expensive

Comment

Originally posted by SpitFire View Post
          you have anough pressure a 1500rpm or so...oil pressure is not a problem.i should be able to "kick" vtec at 2000rpm easely. but every one knows that vtec disangage at 5200 rpm....where did you take your info steelbluesleepR?
          ummm no. VTEC ENGAGES at 5200 by switching to a more agressive cam profile.

thus giving more power. i thought this was said already?

and typeg... i was just making a point. like i said it sounded retarted to me.....

cause the you can't say "VTEC jus Kiked inYo!"

Comment

i havnet even bothered reading others posts in this thread.

deactivating VTEC???

why?
            what the fuck is wrong with you??
            you do know the purpose for VTEC right?

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Waste of time trying to activate it earlier to make more power.
              If you did tuning to compensate for an earlier engagement then maybe it might be worth while.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                Waste of time trying to activate it earlier to make more power.
                If you did tuning to compensate for an earlier engagement then maybe it might be worth while.
                changing the vtec crossover from 5200 to 4800 helps a lot to smooth out the tq curve. otherwise changing the crossover is pointless.
                Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                Project 240SX
                Originally posted by chillin943
                anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by SpitFire View Post
                  all vtec system are the same . the h22 is like a d16y8 or z6, one or mayby 2 of the intake valve is not open fully when vtec is engage under 5200rpm.they do not open further but fully when vtec is disangage.so if you can have the valves fully open at all time you make more power.the i-vtec system allow your valves to open gradualy to fully open from mayby 1000rpm to +8000 rpm .
                  No, they don't all work the same. There are many forms of VTEC and whoever told you that is wrong.

The DOHC VTEC engines have all four valves open all the time. When VTEC turns on, they switch to more aggressive profiles making more power.

If you run on the more aggressive cam all the time, your car WILL be slower, because the high RPM profile won't be making power at that low of an RPM. That is why Honda made VTEC in the first place. So that the low RPM cam could maximize power in the low RPM range, and then at high RPM's when the "small" cam was not longer breathing efficiently, the high rpm cam lobes could kick in taking you to the redline.

My information comes from the Helm's manual, which is Honda's official manual for the H22.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

yes i agree. SOHC's vtecs like the b1 have a more econimical approach where only 1 intake valve opens (or it may just have one valve that slightly opens) and the VTEC allows it to fully open both valves. VTEC is only on the intake side of the cam from my understanding.

Turn vtec off wont do anything for gas mileage, you are better off learning how to drive with the least amount of throttle.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

So, if you don't want vtec, I'll gladly trade you my f22a4 for your h22. Problem solved!

Comment

are you serious?

you are Bsing right?

dude its you against everyone else, if you did not want vtec why did you not just get an h23?

you need to do some more research from some reliable sources, and use the spell checker

but if you have the h22 already just disconnect the vtec related pins from your ecu pigtail, or get one of those vtec controllers and set it up to 10k rpm, or the highest it'll go

and for as much as you seem to know, you should now something simple like how to disable vtec

Comment

how do you make the cam pins slide into the journal at startup? you want the VTEC lobe to activate immediately, right? or is it the other way round?

or do you want them to permanently bind together? the VTEC lobe, I mean.

AFAIK, the extra lift of VTEC is only efficient above the factory set point. It's no use activating it way below the crossover point, unless you are tuned properly.

so, yeah, unless you really know what you are doing, the H22a VTEC system is not the 3-stage system where it operates in 12 valve mode, then 16 valve mode.

The H22a (and all DOHC VTEC motors) run a more performance-oriented VTEC system, whereby the lift of the valves is varied, not the opening. the H22a runs in 16 valve mode all the time.

If you want to run an 'economy' H22a, unplug the VTEC spool valve, or get an F22B DOHC.
                          Last edited by blizzard335; 10-25-2008, 05:38 AM.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                          Honda Accord Euro-R
                          Honda Odyssey Absolute
                          Honda City I-DSi
                          Honda Stream

Comment

thanks guys for helping me out.i didnt know that the dohc engine work on 16 valves at all time and opens further in vtec.but my theory was good for the sohc vtec engine.

Comment

Working...
                            X