Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Seatbelt glitches? problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seatbelt glitches? problems?

90 accord EX here... auto seatbelts... (at least supposed to be)
    When I bought the car it had no seat belt control module installed, (previous owner must have removed it) so I went to the junkyard (favorite place on earth ) and bought 2, not 1 but 2 working modules and both give me the same problem when installed.
    Seatbelt warning beeps, but seatbelts do not move . The restraints work when I brake and all it's just that the auto seatbelts are no longer auto.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Bogey2Tone

Try your doorlatch, the doorlatch is electric and can wear out, if it goes out you will have the beeping/flashing seatbelt light. If you wanna go cheap like I did rotate the belt back and leave it. The latch price is around 90 new or 25-30 at a wrecking yard. If you go used buy about three of them to make sure one works. Make sure the latch is for an EX, the latches are specific to ex/lx or dx. Hopefully this helps and goodluck

Comment

Oh.... and the light doesn't stay on, and the beeping isn't continuous, it goes off after a few seconds and everything is back to normal on the dashboard... It's just annoying for me, (I'm picky) to know that something in Bogey (we don't call her a car unless we have to) doesn't work like it should... Gotta fix it.
      I've had the seatbelts in the returned position for a while, I just got tired of having auto seatbelts that weren't actually "auto" lol
      Thanks for the heads up, I'll check the doorlatch for sure but if it is the doorlatch and like you said it needs to be replaced I think I'll go for a new one.
      New one costs $90 = the price of buying 3 used ones (seems gotta spend $90 either way, it better be ona new part)
      What about this thing I read about honda fixing your seatbelts for free... how do I get that to happen??
      Last edited by Bogey; 01-17-2008, 11:14 PM. Reason: forgot something
      Bogey2Tone

Comment

The beeping/light will go off after a minute. The warranty on safety items covers the seatbelts/buckles but not the door latch. if you ever have a problem on the seatbelt not latching take it to a dealer and they will probably warranty it.

Comment

Check the fuses labeled passive in the under hood fuse box, they blow if the auto belts get jammed
          Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
          Project 240SX
          Originally posted by chillin943
          anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
          Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Thanks, will do.
            Bogey2Tone

Comment

I have checked the fuses, and both of them are shot.
              They've both blown.
              Gonna get new ones right away.
              I'm one of the few lucky ones that have an advanced auto parts at the corner, down the street.
              Thanks for the help guys.
              Last edited by Bogey; 01-21-2008, 09:16 AM. Reason: fixing grammar
              Bogey2Tone

Comment

For Posterity

Well, I've replaced both fuses and the driver's side seat belt works perfectly while the passenger's side opened and stayed ajar. It did not go back to the secured position against the seat when I closed the door.

Seat belt control module now beeps non-stop, dashboard warning doesn't stop blinking... It got to the point that I removed the new fuse to cut the power to the front passenger seat belt.

Conclusion: for driver's side fuse was blown, while passenger's side probably has latch problems like JDMWannabe says.

going to honda to get it checked out.
                Bogey2Tone

Comment

Normally seatbelts have a lifetime warranty, but since you and the previous owner have been in there, the dealer may or may not warranty it. Do not mention that you have messed with it. Just state whats going on.
                  Good luck.
                  1992 Accord EX 4dr 5spd - SOLD after just over a decade of ownership
                  2000 Subaru Legacy GT wagon 5spd
                  AHM Platinum Parts Counterperson

Comment

As long as you do not tell the dealer you have messed with it they will warranty the part. If its a wear and tear item like a door latch it is not covered by the lifetime warranty. The control module is a 50/50 chance.

Comment

Ok I just checked with the Service manager, the control module is a lifetime part. GL

Comment

yeah maybe the plastic thing in the door

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Seatbelt glitches For Posterity

Okay... so Friday morning I get up bright and early (7:30am) and I'm at the dealership half an hour later with my accord, I sign a few papers (without reading them ) and I'm stuck without a car until Monday.
                          It seems that I've given them the right fix the seatbelts which are under factory warranty and that since it would have been a hassle to reassemble my interior an then start the disassembly over on Monday when they get the parts that they ordered That I signed off on them keeping my Bogey over the weekend She's never been anywhere without me
                          Good news is: I don't pay for squat ooooh but take my word for it if something happens to my car.... huhm... nough said.
                          Bogey2Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Bogey
                            Okay... so Friday morning I get up bright and early (7:30am) and I'm at the dealership half an hour later with my accord, I sign a few papers (without reading them ) and I'm stuck without a car until Monday.
                            It seems that I've given them the right fix the seatbelts which are under factory warranty and that since it would have been a hassle to reassemble my interior an then start the disassembly over on Monday when they get the parts that they ordered That I signed off on them keeping my Bogey over the weekend She's never been anywhere without me
                            Good news is: I don't pay for squat ooooh but take my word for it if something happens to my car.... huhm... nough said.
                            So next time I go to the dealer I will make sure to read what im signing!! Well at least the problems getting fixed! Thats one good way of looking at it.
                            Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                            CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                            Coupe MRT

Comment

i have those seatbelts too sometimes i hate them sometimes i love them i always thought of how to fix it incase it breaks....there was this one time my friends arm got caught in the seatbelt rail it took a chunk out of his arm it was pretty funny

Comment

Working...
                              X