Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can't tell what's wrong.. Engine is very shaky (not a mount thing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't tell what's wrong.. Engine is very shaky (not a mount thing)

So, my uncle's car has this problem.

When the car starts, the car has a pretty rough shake during idle. It's not something you'd feel from a bad motor mount. The car DOESN'T die out, but it has a shake especially after a full warm up. When accelerating, you feel the shake slightly, but it doesn't go away.

I looked at the plug wires and no oil. Could it be bad plugs (was changed before) that's causing this? Is this a case of misfiring? No CEL on the car though.

It doesn't really have this misfire pattern that you might feel, rather it just sounds like some belt, or something is causing the car's engine to shake.

Thanks.
    hahahahah

Originally posted by FishyMan
    So, my uncle's car has this problem.

When the car starts, the car has a pretty rough shake during idle. It's not something you'd feel from a bad motor mount. The car DOESN'T die out, but it has a shake especially after a full warm up. When accelerating, you feel the shake slightly, but it doesn't go away.

I looked at the plug wires and no oil. Could it be bad plugs (was changed before) that's causing this? Is this a case of misfiring? No CEL on the car though.

It doesn't really have this misfire pattern that you might feel, rather it just sounds like some belt, or something is causing the car's engine to shake.

Thanks.
    Could be alot of things.. What does it idle at? When I had that problem there was an issue with my map sensor

Comment

have you checked timing?
      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
      Project 240SX
      Originally posted by chillin943
      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

I'm resurrecting this thread.

I'm having very similar concerns with my 1991 EX with 187k miles. Here are the symptons:

1) When the car is in gear, I have very intense vibrations and reverberations throughout the car. The idle does not fluctuate, it's very steady and acceleration is perfect when I take off. It feels mechanical in nature like a mount, but the car does not jerk when putting into gear or accelerating.

2) When the car is in neutral, I can feel the engine vibrating oh so slightly, and it feels like a slight miss of some sort. The car does not reverberate or vibrate like it does when in gear.

I have replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, O2 sensor, ECT and cleaned the IACV. No CELs. I don't believe that the two symptoms above are related. The car runs excellent other than the irritating idle.

Are there issues within the tranny that could cause this reverberation? It doesn't exactly shift smooth, but I recently did flush and fill with Z1.

Lexus SC300 1JZ-GTE - garage queen
        1991 Honda Accord Ex - daily beats

Comment

Working...
        X