Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

IVE GOT A QUESTION lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IVE GOT A QUESTION lol

Hey guys, i've been thinking, or it just crossed my, it may be a noob question but i'm retarded when it comes to turbo anything. Is it possible, or has anyone, bypassed the whole turbo setup and just use the intercooler? i think that that would be a great way for colder air to get in, like a cold air intercooler lol any answers?
    Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
    Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
    Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
    Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

yea APC made it, big pink filter in ur bumper

Comment

GOT Link?
      Member's Ride Thread

Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
      Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185

Comment

http://www.streetstyler.com/Arospeed...AirIntakes.htm

Comment

please stay away from these

no good come of them

go search in the performance forum and search for that term, theres a whole 3pg agrument on why that thing sucks

cliffnote from that thread:
          a. want to buy FAKE intercooler
          b. no point, EXTREMELY LITTLE HP
          c. you WILL be considered an impersonator and no good will come from it
          "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

wasnt meaning an alternative, but an actual intercooler.
            Member's Ride Thread

Comment

umm, it doesnt take in any air. how would that bring cool air to your motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Shay91Racer
                wasnt meaning an alternative, but an actual intercooler.
                the extra piping running all the way back to the throttle body would pretty much negate any gain you would get from cooling the air any more. don't forget boosted setups actually send an intake "charge" through the pipes i.e. forced induction whereas running something like that on an na setup would slow your intake velocity which is exactly what you don't want.
                Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                Project 240SX
                Originally posted by chillin943
                anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

what's it called the Interfooler?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
                    what's it called the Interfooler?
                    lol hahah

But, yeah, the intercooler cools the intake charge that was heated by the turbo, by passing ambient temperature air through the hot intake charge via the intercooler, right?

So, if you're running N/A, why cool an ambient-temperature intake charge with an intercooler that uses ambient air temperatures passing through its core?

Just use a CAI or a SRI I guess.

edit: don't mean to sound like jerk, if you got a question to ask, might as well ask it!

Comment

yeah, but again i was just wondering. u guys always seem to have the answer... jerks! lol
                      Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Shay91Racer
                        yeah, but again i was just wondering. u guys always seem to have the answer... jerks! lol
                        lol you are welcome cold air intake is the way to go imo. if you are serious about it there are a few people on the board who have added functional ram air ducts for both sri and cai...
                        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                        Project 240SX
                        Originally posted by chillin943
                        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

ive seen a cone filter on one end of an intercooler, then charge piping up to the throttle body... i cant imagine the coolness of the air outweighing the rediculously bad flow though.

think of it as an intercooler AS the piping for a CAI... only horrible

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

what might be better is a hood scoop there was a discussion about 5 weeks ago on and the KeenKustoms (name spelled wrong) was going to work on the project, look up the thread and talk to him.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

look out for puddles with that beast lol
                              OHIO CB7'S #11
                              SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Working...
                              X