Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

low idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low idle

well i fixed the exhaust on my car, and now i have another problem. as you know my car has an H22. i start the car and it runs fine, but when i come back 5 minutes later its idle is really low and it wants to die. i checked the cap,rotor, firing order, plug gap, everything. anyone have any ideas??
    new ride
    07 cobalt ss/sc

Whats the idle speed at...You can adjust with the screw on the tb. My h22A sits at 750-800 RPM normally

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well the car isnt mine yet, im helping the guy fix it before he sells it to me, im not sure what the idle speed is at but im going to be working on it on tuesday so ill try that out, is there anyway you could post me a pic of the screw on the throttle body please? thanks alot
      new ride
      07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

questions for ya?

1)- when you say it starts and runs fine...meaning it runs fine cold, then acts up when engine is at operating temp?

2)- whens its sputtering are you getting a cel?

im thinkng you iac/ eacv valve isnt adjusting to load properly. the idle screw isnt fixing the problem, but temp solution. other than that maybe just a disconnected wire or loose wire, or bad oxygen sensor.

other possibilities- alot of tps sensors get messed up in shipping or swaps, ects.

regards x

Comment

Well here is a pic if your wanting to adjust the idle. I believe you turn it clockwise to turn the idle down and counter-clockwise to turn it up. This is a pic off my F22 but there all located in the same spot on like every motor.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pic of the screw, the engine starts up fine, then it starts to act up a few minutes later. there arent any CELs, im not sure what could be wrong.. , also could you tell me where the iac/ eacv valves are?? sorry for the noob questions but this is my first time working on a honda
            new ride
            07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

The car is throwing a CEL. im not sure what it is yet. when i start the car the idle jumps up and down, and the fuel pressure is bouncing up and down. eventually the car stalls. when i drive it and let off the gas the car stalls. can anyone tell me how to check the CEL code and how to read it?? anyone have any ideas?? thanks alot

-anthony
              new ride
              07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

no one knows how to read the ecu??
                new ride
                07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Check this thread http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...king+cel+codes and don't forget to use the search button
                  Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                  Project 240SX
                  Originally posted by chillin943
                  anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                  Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

well it turns out my O2 sensor was unplugged and that took care of the CEL. also i have a bad fuel line and its building up a lot of pressure, so i think thats why the car is dying, because its getting too much gas. also do i have to reset the ECU because i plugged in the O2 sensor?? thanks
                    new ride
                    07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

I would reset it anyways if your doing anything that adjusts or changes the parameters that the engine runs itself by. Doing so allows the ECU to relearn and adapt to the adjustments better, plus it clears out any old CELs.
                      Good Luck
                      (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                      Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                      My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
                        I would reset it anyways if your doing anything that adjusts or changes the parameters that the engine runs itself by. Doing so allows the ECU to relearn and adapt to the adjustments better, plus it clears out any old CELs.
                        Good Luck

sounds good thanks!
                        new ride
                        07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Working...
                        X