Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ac take out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ac take out

if i want to remove the ac how do i do that.

I highly recommend you go to any a/c repair center and get the freon discharged by a air conditioning technician. (Harmful fumes and EPA shit) Then remove condenser/evaporator/compressor/receiver-dryer/ac plumbing. I think that is it.

Comment

^You will need a DX belt after you have removed the a/c system.

Comment

Originally posted by whatever210
        if i want to remove the ac how do i do that.
        Whoa... r u sure about this? going full race or sumthin?
        RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Depends on where he lives. If its mostly cool I would do the same but defrost would be a bitch on them cold days. Discharge your AC legally (by a shop) or illegally (in your backyard) just dont get caught If EPA finds out your gonna get charged like whoa. Anyway main parts you want to get rid of is the compressor, condensor, blower motor/evap (one assembly under dash), All your pipes and whatever else is connected to the pipes. That will get rid of your AC. And think about it your engine bay will be a lot roomier and your AC controls would be useless except for heat YAY!!!

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I'm pulling my AC as well... I have an upgraded crank pulley though, so I'll need an odd sized belt.

To get EVERYTHING related to the AC system, you'll need to pull the bumper and dashboard (not hard, but time consuming and frustrating at times). In all, I'm told it's about 80lbs. Not a bad weight savings.

Oh, and not all DXs came without AC. Mine had it. Don't just get a DX belt without making sure it's for a car with no AC.

Comment

okay thanks. will i gain any from taking my ac out. any horses.

Comment

Originally posted by whatever210
                okay thanks. will i gain any from taking my ac out. any horses.
                I dont think you'll gain horsepower, you'd just save weight and space. In terms of horsepower it'd just be the same as if youre driving with your AC off.
                RICE COOKA!!

Comment

get new tires before you pull that AC Jay

Comment

thanks justin and no synthetic oil. jk justin help me find new tires.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      I'm pulling my AC as well... I have an upgraded crank pulley though, so I'll need an odd sized belt.

To get EVERYTHING related to the AC system, you'll need to pull the bumper and dashboard (not hard, but time consuming and frustrating at times). In all, I'm told it's about 80lbs. Not a bad weight savings.

Oh, and not all DXs came without AC. Mine had it. Don't just get a DX belt without making sure it's for a car with no AC.
                      All I ended up needing to pull was the glovebox and heater blower housing (replaced the blower at the same time). I was able to get the ac condensor out by unbolting the radiator and leaning it back...it's possible if you dont take off the bumper, just a little cramped and u gotta watch out so you dont bang up the radiator. I ended up pulling all my p/s stuff too .
                      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                      Project 240SX
                      Originally posted by chillin943
                      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

i know this guy who made this post and hes not talking about removing the whole interior AC stuff to he just wants the compressor out of the engine bay and i do to. i got in a wreck and got a big whole in my condesor in the front so my system is discharged so all we need is a DX belt after we remove the compressor and hosses and crap? and is that belt hard to install?
                        im not trying to thread jack were both here LOL (me and Whatever123)

Comment

Yeah, in that case, you just need to remove the system (make SURE it's empty... I'd wear some heavy gloves when first cracking the lines just to be safe anyway). Yank the compressor, and get a belt for a CB7 that doesn't have AC. If that doesn't work, just get a cloth tape measure and wrap it around the pullies... measure how long it is, and ask for a belt with the proper ribbage in that length. Something will be close enough.

Comment

If he wants to take out the compressor, he might as well go ahead and remove everything (a/c plumbing/evaporator…) Purchase a DX belt, but as Deev mentioned above. make sure it is for a DX which was not equipped with a/c. Its pretty easy to install.

Comment

i know my timing belts were a son of a bitch to replace and was told that i shouldnt mess with them by a lot of people and that i shoudl only have my belts worked on at the dealer so i did. would this DX none AC belt be easy to put on? like untension the belt tensioner and slip it on?

Comment

Working...
                              X