Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lets break it down: i want to go turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike
    i said almost that same exact thing to somone on teamintegra the other day

ive noticed that a lot of other forums are much more ignorant when it comes to turbo because very often I find im the only one saying things like that, and im not an expert or anything... on accord racing, accord wagon club, team integra, and some others, turbo questions often go unanswered or just answered w/ dense replies like I think your engine has to much mileage to turbo
    i've noticed that too. i think it might be because they can just buy kits off a shelf and not really think about anything, team integra that is...

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

If youre turboing your CB, do you have another car for daily driver?
      RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
        i've noticed that too. i think it might be because they can just buy kits off a shelf and not really think about anything, team integra that is...
        haha yea i mentioned that to them too....this was my post
        some of this can be applied to this thread

based by ur question I wouldn’t go with either until u do a lot more research...if u go turbo do a lot a research, then when u think u know enough, do more research...1 thing i notice about cars like integras is that since they have turbo kits made specifically for them people say .."hey cool a turbo kit ill turbo my car!"... then they install it, don’t tune it for shit cuz they don’t know what the hell their doing and blow the engine.

when u turbo a car there’s so much more that goes into it then u think until u start then ur like wow i have to get this!? and this too!? and i have to do this!!???

thats why u see people selling turbo kits pretty often because they realized its a lot more involved then they thought

u also should have enough knowledge that when u here or feel something wrong that you know what it is or at least have an idea. i see soooo many times threads of people saying "im not making boost whats goin on???" then someone goes did u check for a leak in the charge pipes? and they say "oo it was that"
        Last edited by Mike; 06-13-2006, 10:58 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

After reading this i have a f22a1 and i wanna turbo it just because it has low compression of 8.8 lolz. very good thread so far.

Comment

http://www.topendmotorsports.com/showthread.php?t=7772

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
              haha yea i mentioned that to them too....this was my post
              some of this can be applied to this thread

based by ur question I wouldn?t go with either until u do a lot more research...if u go turbo do a lot a research, then when u think u know enough, do more research...1 thing i notice about cars like integras is that since they have turbo kits made specifically for them people say .."hey cool a turbo kit ill turbo my car!"... then they install it, don?t tune it for shit cuz they don?t know what the hell their doing and blow the engine.

when u turbo a car there?s so much more that goes into it then u think until u start then ur like wow i have to get this!? and this too!? and i have to do this!!???

thats why u see people selling turbo kits pretty often because they realized its a lot more involved then they thought

u also should have enough knowledge that when u here or feel something wrong that you know what it is or at least have an idea. i see soooo many times threads of people saying "im not making boost whats goin on???" then someone goes did u check for a leak in the charge pipes? and they say "oo it was that"
              i have to agree with mike because everything that he mentioned makes a GOOD point because before you go turbo you have to know pretty much everything there is about it and the problems that might come with it. especially by sound dude cause if you here something rattling or some other weird noises and you dont know what it is your gonna be frustrated cause you cant figure it out so basically get to know what turbo is? what needs to be done? so you can enjoy having a turbo then to stress about it when you engine blows or something else happens to it im no turbo expert like everyone else here but im giving you my opinion on what to do as i also want to go turbo
              ________
              Zoloft Settlement
              Last edited by Davids92Accord; 04-09-2011, 02:42 AM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
              "2SIIC"
              Authentic Jerseys for sale
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=38707
                Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                Project 240SX
                Originally posted by chillin943
                anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

The only thing that will hurt your engine (as long as you have air/fuel properly set) is too much boost or too much heat. A small turbo produces a lot of heat, so proper cooling is necessary. Too much boost can be due to a faulty wastegate... so don't cheap out on that part.

Some people sell their turbo kits because they crashed the car that was going to be boosted. (that would be me...)

Comment

i first want to thank this community and its members. thanks guys for your responses. yes, i do have an h22 but the thought just came up and was hoping to go tubo someday. i agree with what some of you had said though. i know, from experience, the most important thing before starting a project is to be well informed. this i lack, i know. i definately need to read much more before i even consider to take the next step. i got some stage 3 crower cams installed with valvetrain a while back with no tuning, and have had poor performance since then. got some headers and some improvement as well but still nowhere near the power i should be at. anyway, my point is i wasn't informed and ran into problems. i've learned alot since then but i know i'm not ready to go turbo especially since my cb is my daily driver. i've got to get another car before i even try to do something major to my cb.
                    i really thought that by running low boost and good tuning on a suitable h22 would suffice. i guess the only true way to have reliability is by spending that flow. i hope someone can prove this wrong though. i really do thanks again for the info guys and props to all the turbo heads out there. lates.

Comment

Working...
                    X