Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I was banned now Im not.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bteq - that's a good one. The search is hard. There tends to be alot of post whoring on some threads so it's hard to get to the answer. Like the one that resulted in this thread. I've legitimately scaned through threads for almost an hour trying to find anyone elses input, couldn't find it, posted a new thread asking for help, and within minutes gotten multiple links to threads that solve my problem.
    It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

True about still needing to redirect noobs to a faq thread. But it would make it much easier for the veterans as they wouldn't have to search as frequently. Also maybe once the noob saw that thread it would help them answer any other questions they might be asking in the future. I'm up to start working on an index thread if you guys think it might help a bit... lol
      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
      Project 240SX
      Originally posted by chillin943
      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
        A newbie asks a question...hell they might not be a newbie...they might know more then anyone else on this board and be testing peeps to see what the attitute is on this board....one dumbass says "hahaha ur an idiot" and thats it..hes gone forever....

so ya /rant
        That's why I'm on this site. In no time I became a member. I have lots of knowledge, and I also learn from others here as well.

Before I even knew CB7Tuner existed, I was writing a book on how to customize the new hot rod of our time, the CB7/9.

Thanks for being the site that you are.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom
          That's why I'm on this site. In no time I became a member. I have lots of knowledge, and I also learn from others here as well.

Before I even knew CB7Tuner existed, I was writing a book on how to customize the new hot rod of our time, the CB7/9.

Thanks for being the site that you are.
          Ya mang!!

I was on a drift club forum a few years back www.dgtrials.com and omg they were the biggest assholes ever...never saw anything like that since...new guys would come on and not even ask a question just say hello and theyd be like "fuck u go away you ***"
          it was horrible. I was dating this chick and her boyfriend was on there i guess....thats how i found out about it....she had a prelude and was into cars like crazy.........

well either way when i came on this site i hit up the DIY right away and i was like holy shit.........

then when i read responses and how nice people were like Pakaolo and how knowledgeable and open minded others were like owequitit i was like where the hell do u sign up for this site....

Comment

Word. CB7Tuner 4 Life

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
              I was dating this chick and her boyfriend was on there i guess....
              Wait...what now? You were dating a chick and she had a boyfriend?!
              My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_EJ
                LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Exactly. Unfortunately, some newbie says "VTECH" and the next thing you know you're seeing pictures of phones popping up. I'd rather answer his question, and include a correction (including the meaning of the acronym) at the end of my post.

My first question ever was "can you turn a turbo off?" on HondaHookUp.com. A few people were kind enough to help. A few were total jerks. Yeah, I knew nothing. Thanks to those that were kind enough to help me, I learned a few things. If it was all flaming, I wouldn't learn. I wouldn't have gone back. I would probably have a blown motor and 19" chrome rims right now too!

The "commonly asked questions" and various forum index threads here are the result of lots of hard work, done by the mods. Unfortunately, most people don't look there first. However, it makes for an easy fix when you can just link them there. A mod can use the "link and lock" technique that uncle_el made famous That cuts down on the flaming, and answers most questions. People will ALWAYS ask repeat questions. Hell, I do it from time to time! (I admit, I'm lazy).

This is why i love this place ! ! !

I still have tons of questions to be asked but i reserve them for a bunch of reasons. One lol, of which that i'll forget the answers to them because i won't be engaging in the acts of the answers so quickly. But still, just to know that when the time is right i have a place to come to and catch the answers when i need them is a great relief.

CB7TUNER FO LYEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF YOO BEEEEEE YOY OYOOO ! ! !
                  I love the bouncy...it's great...

Comment

yeah,never mess with deev, but one thing that bothers me in this site is I keep on getting attacked by this one perticular asshole when I ask a not neccesarily stupid but a newbie question., Im not mentioning names but do we have a some kinda asshole deterent here when you press a link here itll send 30,000 volts to their keyboard and fry the crap out of them? lol

Comment

this site is the niceness.
                      if i ever considering getting a new car its going to suck because i'll never find a community as good as this.
                      uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_EJ

yea i know....stationed overseas changes people i guess....actually she was married....i found that out after she left...that pissed me off.

Comment

Maybe moving some of the stickies from the regular forum to the beginniner (with restrictions) may help cut down on the questions that may clog the search results (that is if its being used)?

Maybe also get rid of the post counts? I found that in the other forum I'm a member of contains less useless posts but more helpful ones because they don't have the mentality of getting their posts up.

Comment

i think its because those foglights are so big.
                            nah, im kidding, deev explained it, be nice, and when you are being sarcastic, at least do it in a kidding tone and try and be helpful at the same time.
                            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

"Yah the plexo Zr1 Mass Air Electric Forced Induction Kit model# 1337. Also check walmarts speed department, they carry Walsport-s racing plugs."

haha..thats why you got banned....

er was it your evo body kit? ..J/P

Comment

*owned
                                Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
                                Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X