Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I was banned now Im not.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was banned now Im not.

Weird, I was banned a few days ago and now Im not. Funny thing is I was never told I was/or why I was banned and all the sudden today Im not banned. Weird. Must be grimlins in the system.
    I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Shoulda PM'ed or emailed deev
    My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=59625

Originally posted by Akira_kj
      Yah the plexo Zr1 Mass Air Electric Forced Induction Kit model# 1337. Also check walmarts speed department, they carry Walsport-s racing plugs.

Next time I see you asking a legitimate question, I'll go out of my way to make you feel stupid too.

Comment

burned by the top dog!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

DAMMMMNNN!!! That hurt MY feelings. Dont fuck wit Deev, dude, youll get burned everytime!!
          She's my 1st love!

Originally posted by CustomLowz via greencb7inkc
          Hey, Grandma! You want a lumpkin?
          Oh,here comes one now! What now, BITCH!!!

Comment

I'm serious when it comes to the Beginner Forums. When I first started coming to this site, I wasn't the owner, or even a moderator... I was just a beginner. I was impressed by all the helpful people. After being flamed off of Honda Tech and a number of other sites, it was refreshing to see that I could ask my "dumb" questions on CB7tuner.com and not get attacked for it. I began to think that perhaps CB7 owners were a different breed... we have a sense of pride and humility that other people don't have (due perhaps to the fact that our cars are so underestimated, or that the oldschool CB7ers are willing to help anyone...) As things progressed, and I became a mod, and then the owner, I saw things changing a bit. People stopped helping each other and began the same elitist crap that you get on Honda Tech. New members were no longer welcome to ask "stupid" questions.
            The occasional searcher would dig up 6 threads pertaining to their topic, 5 of which were nothing but flaming. The one thread that contained some answers may or may not have the information they need. If it doesn't have it, they make a new thread to ask. Then there are 6 threads containing nothing but flaming.
            The beginner forums slowed that down a bit. They are intended to protect those with "stupid" questions. They are intended to keep the elitist assholes at bay. They are intended to make this forum a better place than any other Accord forum you could visit.

Comment

^^^^^ well said.

Comment

See what i dont understand is........

how hard is that to understand?

Everyone starts somewhere...no one on this board started off a wizard...every single one started out a beginner needing help on changing oil...period the end.

Some are better then others, or just take more inititave but in the end it is what it is.

A newbie asks a question...hell they might not be a newbie...they might know more then anyone else on this board and be testing peeps to see what the attitute is on this board....one dumbass says "hahaha ur an idiot" and thats it..hes gone forever....

so ya /rant

Comment

I agree that the beginner forums are a good idea to keep the flaming down, but I also think there has to be something more we can do to cut down on the repeat questions; because seeing the same question for the veterans and taking the time to search, and then repost a link or rewrite an answer does cause more clutter than I think is necessary. I don't know if we need one thread written up and locked as an index for the common questions or something similar. I have seen a few forums that have a "commonly asked question thread" and it seemed to help. Just an idea...
                  Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                  Project 240SX
                  Originally posted by chillin943
                  anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                  Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Exactly. Unfortunately, some newbie says "VTECH" and the next thing you know you're seeing pictures of phones popping up. I'd rather answer his question, and include a correction (including the meaning of the acronym) at the end of my post.

My first question ever was "can you turn a turbo off?" on HondaHookUp.com. A few people were kind enough to help. A few were total jerks. Yeah, I knew nothing. Thanks to those that were kind enough to help me, I learned a few things. If it was all flaming, I wouldn't learn. I wouldn't have gone back. I would probably have a blown motor and 19" chrome rims right now too!

The "commonly asked questions" and various forum index threads here are the result of lots of hard work, done by the mods. Unfortunately, most people don't look there first. However, it makes for an easy fix when you can just link them there. A mod can use the "link and lock" technique that uncle_el made famous That cuts down on the flaming, and answers most questions. People will ALWAYS ask repeat questions. Hell, I do it from time to time! (I admit, I'm lazy).

Comment

i tried searching for some help with my h22, but i could help. nothing came up when i searched for bteq
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Eh, you don't need to know about h22s... you have your D15!

Comment

yeah i have to get my pictures up soon
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

And another thing....why was this posted in beginner off topic?!?!?

You have like 110 posts....so why not Off topic?

You should take a break from the beginners section mang!

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                              I agree that the beginner forums are a good idea to keep the flaming down, but I also think there has to be something more we can do to cut down on the repeat questions; because seeing the same question for the veterans and taking the time to search, and then repost a link or rewrite an answer does cause more clutter than I think is necessary. I don't know if we need one thread written up and locked as an index for the common questions or something similar. I have seen a few forums that have a "commonly asked question thread" and it seemed to help. Just an idea...
                              The problem you will run into with an index like that is while it could cover a lot, it will never cover everything. You'll still have the same basic questions being asked as well, simply because most people that are new to forums aren't familiar with how they're set up.

We have an FAQ on one of the Lightning boards I'm on. While it is extremely helpfull and packed full of answers, without fail, we'll have to direct a newb to it at least 2 or 3 times a day. That illustrates the point I was trying to make above, lol.

And if you're going to go to the trouble to link someone to an FAQ thread, why not take just a little extra time and answer their question yourself? Afterall, that's what these boards are about. The community, the family, helping each other futher the hobby.

- Rob -
                              92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                              85 Toyota 4Runner
                              1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                              2008 HD 1200N
                              2009 HD 883N

Comment

Working...
                              X