Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why stop street racers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why stop street racers?

something has been irking me. Why do they break up street racers, the people down here in louisville don't do sh!t. they hang out and talk about their cars. It's mostly respect, nothing personal. We'll be in best buy's parking lot, rally's parking lot and the break us up. Sometime's hand out tickets. What are we doing wrong? they can search all of our cars and I bet they wouldn't find any guns, any drugs. Nothing! Maybe a tuner magazine or some money, maybe their work clothes. But nothing illegal....Sorry for going on like that but, jeez. Loitering isn't shit. I pass about 2 cars a week with people in their cheefin' away on pot. Where's the cops then? but if I go down the street at 46 in a 45, I'm doing something wrong. gahhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by EXkidd91; 04-10-2006, 02:29 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
    Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

Reading the thread, my first reaction was "because street racing is dangerous."

Anyways, most of the time when you have a bunch of modded cars together, they think a street race might happen, and it's best to break it up before it even causes any kind of danger.

I know it sucks, but what can you do. How can the popo's know that you're not one of those who will be speeding down the street once they're gone?

Comment

Up here in Washington state the cops continued to harass us at our meets in the best buy parking lot. We ended up getting signed letters from the regional best buy manager and the property owner that said we have permission to meet there. Then we took the letter to the police department and had the sergeant on duty email copies to all his deputies. Since then we have had no trouble hanging out at that parking lot haha.
      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
      Project 240SX
      Originally posted by chillin943
      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
        Up here in Washington state the cops continued to harass us at our meets in the best buy parking lot. We ended up getting signed letters from the regional best buy manager and the property owner that said we have permission to meet there. Then we took the letter to the police department and had the sergeant on duty email copies to all his deputies. Since then we have had no trouble hanging out at that parking lot haha.
        stfu noob.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Its just the cops having nothing else better to do. they dont know how well you drive they dont want any trouble or anything bad happening to anyone. So being that some people cant behave and act normal and drive civilized they run everyone out of there. If they didnt they wouldnt be doing their job. As for the other shit about people selling and smokin weed in other places. Some cops either dont care and are aware of whats going on or are just too afraid of runnin up on them because most of the time the crooks have better aim than they do.

for example say if your coming down the road minding your own business and two cars come blazing down the block your unaware and so are they they try to stop slam into you and your dead and the drivers who where racing where dead where are the cops. They come up drawing what happened taking pictures shutting down that street re-directing traffic and they get the blame of not preventing the streetraces/meets or whatever from not happening lives lost.

Comment

Up here in Great Falls, it's the moronic mid-20 year-olds that in habit Malmstrom AFB that have ruined it for the rest of us. Until "The Fags and the Furious craze," we could hang out where ever we wanted, the cops never hasseled us, and generally we could just enjoy getting together for a few hours and just chill, listen to music and talk about cars. Then F&F came out, the Jetters starting making their Civics look like shit, racing all the time and before we knew it, there was 6 deaths attributed to street racing. As soon as this happened, the police were all over anyone with a car that isn't stock like a hobo on a ham sandwich. Mind you MT has no laws yet regarding car parts and whats legal etc, but I can see it coming.

Anyways, needless to say, all it takes is a few dick heads to ruin it for everyone. Sad I know, but that's the way it goes unfortunately...
            John "Heavy Q"

Comment

You have the idiots that do go out there and act a fool. They ruin it for the rest of us

Comment

We have some gtg now in garland down in texas. They sent a letter to the police department and blah blah blah and as long as they dont fly by, burnout rev engines, and all that stuff its good plus there are police on site. I havent been to one but plan to go to one soon whenever i got the time.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if youre not street racing, then youre not street racers. if youre using the parking lot to stage street races, or set them up, then Im pretty sure you could get nailed for conspiricy or something like that.
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                    if youre not street racing, then youre not street racers. if youre using the parking lot to stage street races, or set them up, then Im pretty sure you could get nailed for conspiricy or something like that.
                    Agreed, street racers are totally different from tuners. But cops @ best buy shouldn't be able to do anything unless workers/managers at the store complain. In fact you probably have every right to be there. As long as you aren't staging street races, causing a scene, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                      Agreed, street racers are totally different from tuners. But cops @ best buy shouldn't be able to do anything unless workers/managers at the store complain. In fact you probably have every right to be there. As long as you aren't staging street races, causing a scene, etc...
                      Exactly, parking lots are open to the public, but the police cannot come into them unless the owner of the land or a manager of the store/business on said land calls them and lodges a complaint. I know this because my friends and I used to park in the lot where I worked and I could tell the police to pretty much suck it if they came and bother us.
                      John "Heavy Q"

Comment

I have a related story...kinda funny

So I'm in Chicago with some friends and I'm sitting passenger in a 2000 GSR and have another friend following us in a 92-96 Prelude VTEC. Anyhow, we're out late (in the A.M.) cruising, so we stop at the nastiest place ever (White Castle) to get some burgers. Well the friend with the GSR doesn't want to eat in his car, so both cars stop in some mall parking lot to eat outside the cars and BS. Anyhow, some mall security cop rolls up in some SUV and is like, NO LOITERING!!

So me being from a small town where shit like this don't happen, I was like thinking to myself "Loitering??"...so I tell the rent-a-cop, "Loitering? Nah, man no worries...we'll throw our stuff away when we done eating!"

Needless to say he was like "WTF?!?" and my friends died laughing.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Its not about street racing if its just a meet, but if you have one person being an idiot that in turn causes a comotion and the un-wanted attention your 'crew' needs.

Just two weeks ago a bunch of highschoolers were hanging out in a parking but ended up leaving because one of their buddies had to show off and peel out.

Ah to be back in highschool would be such a drag.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

It's cause people die. My little sister just told me today a bunch of kids died racing on the nearby highway today...

I think there are a lot of places that could be turned into SAFE race tracks, but the cops make much more money writing tickets and impounding cars...

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

True Dat
                              RICE COOKA!!

Comment

Working...
                              X