This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMseagren83
    why spend $3499.99 for a SUPER Charger when u can spend about $2500 on bolt ons and achieve almost the same exact WHP??

220-230whp with an i/h/e/cams/reflash/pullies/IMG/bigger TB

230whp for a bolt on supercharger.....

seems stupid to me.
    SC Torque > N/A Torque

Huge torque difference.... BHP derives from Torque.
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

i like it! TONS o potential..... you will see.
      hurry up and get your bolt' ons, i wanna run you
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
        SC Torque > N/A Torque

Huge torque difference.... BHP derives from Torque.
        Well thats a givin...usually, but there is much more to consider than to just say slapping on a SC is gonna PWN in peak hp/tq #s. Let me show you what a couple superchargers for the K20Z3 put down. mind you these are both stage 1 rated and cost between 3499-3800 for the kit. NOT IMPRESSIVE IMO(granted there is NO available tuning software..besides piggyback&reflash)

Comptech Supercharger @stage 1 typical i/h/e bolt ons....

Comptech Supercharger(stage 1)/reflash/AEM CAI/Greddy Evo2 exhaust

Now in comparison...

ALL MOTOR SETUP (Injen CAI/2.5''exhaust/Skunk2 stage-1 cams/Skunk2 exhaust cam gear) no hondata reflash
        PS- he does hit above 150tq.... LOL SC doesnt help as far as peak #s

EDIT-* ignore the supra heading...it was left on from the dyno run before the guy w/Si)* WHOA with the huge dyno sheet. sorry

pretty impressive numbers for not having much done. no race header/no reflash/

sure the SC will beat the N/A setup because of the linear powerband, and where they make their torque/hp...but still for the costs.... they just dont justify it...at least for me! thats ALL im saying.
        Last edited by SMseagren83; 01-22-2008, 11:33 PM.
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
          hurry up and get your bolt' ons, i wanna run you

LOL, ill run ya now.

i wont have much done until the end of summer really... im kinda playing a waiting game with Kingmotorsports....before i start changing things...
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

sean swap in a b20z with a type r head!
            Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
            Project 240SX
            Originally posted by chillin943
            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

look around I think there is brand of superchargers. you go in to such detail and research for something I dont even care that much about. lol Just a suggestion man.

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
              My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

Originally posted by OnBBS17s
                look around I think there is brand of superchargers. you go in to such detail and research for something I dont even care that much about. lol Just a suggestion man.
                (yeah lots of details/research, i think it took me 4 minutes)

wow...the above post wasnt even directed at you. you'd care if u had a K20....just like you do with ur H22....oh wait, nevermind.

ass.

Comment

uh-oh
                  F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                  My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                  Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

(yeah lots of details/research, i think it took me 4 minutes)

wow...the above post wasnt even directed at you. you'd care if u had a K20....just like you do with ur H22....oh wait, nevermind.

ass.
                    Ya, I think that was me....

..... I retract my previous statement, I think an SR20 swap would suffice.
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                      Ya, I think that was me....

..... I retract my previous statement, I think an SR20 swap would suffice.
                      indeed . im waiting for Cory to swap in something similar to Godzilla.

Comment

for most applications the supercharger would suffice for a nice hp/tq boost. but on the k20z3 when the factory warranteed sc at 6psi puts out similar numbers to a fairly mild bolt on engine....not worth the cost. especially when there is not even a kpro available yet for the drive by wire stuff. for what zach was saying, the boost in hp/tq is worth it since kpro is available and because his buddy got a fairly inexpensive pulley upgrade. am i gonna have to separate you guys lmao
                        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                        Project 240SX
                        Originally posted by chillin943
                        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

No need. i was simply explaining myself and showing evidence in REPLY to what Russ said, although i completely agree with what he stated. which is true for "most" scenarios.

ill take my K20 talk elsewhere....

Comment

LMAO! No need get all emo on me Sean. Like I said A mere suggestion based off what I have seen.

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
                            My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

LMAO! No need get all emo on me Sean. Like I said A mere suggestion based off what I have seen.

what was the suggestion? i must have missed it.
                              Last edited by SMseagren83; 01-23-2008, 03:55 AM.

Comment

LMAO @ this thread right now
                                F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                                My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                                Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Working...
                                X