B16 civic problems??? 16.029?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B16 civic problems??? 16.029?

Hello, my brother just got his vtec going again so we hit the track, and for some reason why he couldnt hit a 15 when he should have been able to?

He has a 94 coupe
    Swapped B16
    Ported & Polished Head
    Skunk 2 valves, retainers, and springs
    8lb flywheel
    4 pluck clutch
    no name aftermarket intake manifold
    2 inch drop in front and 1.5 in back
    cooper zeon ZPT
    AEM fuel rail
    AEM fuel pressure regulator

He started hitting 17's at first and went down to his best time witch was a 16.029? but the shop that fixed his vtec said he should be able to hit 15's all day.I think the problem was that he wasnt getting any traction.He was launching at about 5000 and shifted into each gear at about 7500RPM.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what he could do to drop into the 15's?On what RPM to launch at or what not?
    Last edited by SuperTuner12010; 09-22-2007, 02:48 PM.

Try launching at 3000 RPM

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
    My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

So launching at 3000, when you let out the clutch should he then floor it or feather it down.

Comment

When you launch at 5000 you are in the middle of vtec at much torque so you will have a lot of wheelspin. At 3000 flooring will make at roll just before vtec hits in and then you will be launched. At least that's what I did with a friend of mine's CRX Vtec

Greetz Erwin
        My last ride

Comment

Thanks ill tell him that, I suggested for one of his race he launched at about 2500 and he an a 17.5? When he gets home Il get the vids of our cammera so everyone can get a better idead of what he is doing.

Comment

Please do

i like vids

Greetz Erwin
            My last ride

Comment

Originally posted by lo-specials
              Please do

i like vids
              x2!

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Launching at 5,000rpm is like doing a burnout wtf was he thinking. In my single cam I launch at 2,000rpm and even at that sometimes feels like too much. Launch as low as possible, you basically want a little chirp off the line which is supposed to launch your car forward. The second you start getting wheelspin or wheelhop you can say bye bye to any chance you just had at winning a race or beating your best time in the 1/4 mile.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

I wouldn't launch higher than 4k, or lower than 3k.

Gas pedal should be floored the entire way. If he's not catching traction, then he needs to feather the clutch.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Thats the thing at 5000 rpm is when he ran the 16.0
                    I was like WTF?T thing the track may have something to do with it as well.
                    He should pull 15's like nothing.

Il get the vids on tonight, and you cann see all his 5000 rpm will spinning

Comment

what were his trap speeds?
                      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                        Thats the thing at 5000 rpm is when he ran the 16.0
                        I was like WTF?T thing the track may have something to do with it as well.
                        He should pull 15's like nothing.

Il get the vids on tonight, and you cann see all his 5000 rpm will spinning
                        Then he sucks at driving. If he's spinning, it's not because he's launching too high, it's because he doesn't know how to feather the clutch.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

What tranny is he running? lsd would help....also why is he shifting so early? stock rev limiter is at 8200 on the b16 and he should be totally fine revving that high with the skunk 2 valve train. my buddies b16 pulls all the way to redline.
                          Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                          Project 240SX
                          Originally posted by chillin943
                          anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                          Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

He can rdlines about 9, but the b16 doesnt make power that high so its kinda pointless.All I know is its the B16 trany, non LSD.

Im not sure what feathering the clutch is, not sure if he is either? How do you do it?

Comment

I'm going more with awful driving than anything.

...or the car just isn't tuned right.

Comment

Working...
                              X