No announcement yet.

EK civic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goddamn it I fail. I knew there was a K,2, Aand a 3 in there.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

a D15 for $500? wow you could find a DOHC ZC that would be a BOLT IN upgrade for that car for around $500 and still use your stock mounts, transmission, etc just have to get an OBD1 Dizzy for it.

edit: i just seen you live in Washington like me......there's NO reason you cant find a used D15/D16 in washington state for under $500. there everywhere just go to CL. I have a few friends with civics I can see what they would sell me a D15/16 for. do you need anything else? transmission? etc

edit:: sent you a pm
      Last edited by 92cb7accord; 03-22-2008, 01:56 PM.
      Originally posted by jboyce
      i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

as far as i know only the si had the k20....hx/dx/lx/ex had the d17a1, d17a6, or d17a2
        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
        Project 240SX
        Originally posted by chillin943
        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

The EP3 SI came with a k20a3. It made a similar 160hp and was the first year the K sought production as I recall. Other than the rsx...All the other Civic coupes and crap ran the D17 that year.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
            stock wise they are weak. but they have the ability to be turboed.

my cousins white ep3 (on aprils issue of honda tuning, middle page) is turboed and pushing over 225whp (cant remember the exact number on the top of my head). those things have potential. but stockwise an average h22 can beat it. oh yea if you see the props section my cousin put my name down

your brother is better off with an ls swap, LS VTEC, GSR w/greddy turbo kit.
            Ain't that some shit? That is a nice car. I like the way EP3 looks. I don't like the suspension design.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

he threw a rod he is not looking to mod just putting an engine in preferably the stock replacement so he can sell it. EP3 Lx is a 01-05 civic I think thats right and its an lx so yeah ....
              F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
              My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
              Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7
                he threw a rod he is not looking to mod just putting an engine in preferably the stock replacement so he can sell it. EP3 Lx is a 01-05 civic I think thats right and its an lx so yeah ....
                There is no EP3 LX. It is EP3 Si or EM2 LX/DX/EX. If it is not a hatch it is not a EP3.

Anyways, the D17 that is in the 01-05 Civic LX is a bastard motor. You won't be able to just drop it in.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

yeah O well I guess I got the codes wrong I never payed attention to the newer civics cause they are fucking ugly cept for the new fa so yeah didn't know what motors they had.

MY RIDE

vouches:
                  Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Comment

K20 requires a lot of money and work. K20's are nice, but in my opinion I would just drop a dohc vtec. As much money you are spending to drop in a k20 you could have a semi-built all motor machine.
                    "form follows function."
                    Louis Sullivan

Comment

what About Him Not Modding Don't You People Get He Just Needs A New D16y8. Stop Saying He Should Just Put A B16 In It He Wants To Sell It Not Mod It!!!

MY RIDE

vouches:

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7
                        what About Him Not Modding Don't You People Get He Just Needs A New D16y8. Stop Saying He Should Just Put A B16 In It He Wants To Sell It Not Mod It!!!
                        SO FIND A D16Y8 TO PUT IN IT
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

its not just a d16 but any d serries that would work people aren't reading my posts we are not swapping to do a swap its a swap to fix a broke car so he can sell it

MY RIDE

vouches:

Comment

Try craigslist or a local car forum. I'm sure you'll find some kid doing a B16 swap who wants to get rid of his D-series.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Your are not making yourself clear, retard. Learn how to properly compose and English sentence.

The reason for the original post was because his brothers engine took a dump. He's been looking around for a stock, replacement engine. He found a k20 for pretty cheap, and was wondering if it would swap right in.

He didn't want to swap it because its a k20, but because he found one for cheap.

David, search on craigslist. I assure you, you can find a lot of d series motors for 300 or less.

And for simplicity, look for a d16yx motor.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

look for swapped out engines people are trying to get rid of, y8's/z6's maybe even a6's are more sought after

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                                where you been, is something wrong?
                                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X