I rather fight than switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather fight than switch

Since this is a HONDA site, why do you have ads trying to get people to switch to Fords or other cars? For $? ...That is wrong.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
    Since this is a HONDA site, why do you have ads trying to get people to switch to Fords or other cars? For $? ...That is wrong.
    I see no ads
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

You're joking right? At top and bottom of each page there is usually a banner for Ford or Direct T.V. or Time Warner with a big > to click ...what do you call it?

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
      New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
      My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Meh, its a car forum, deeve is making a couple bux from google to allow them the space, which is probably in turn paying for hosting and other shit that allows us to meander around for free.

So, I'll gladly ignore the ad's and even click on once in a while so that I can keep ranting about politics and social problems for free.

Lol
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

The ads you see tend to follow things that you (the user) follow or google. If I google something, or do some research, the ads on here seem to reflect my interests.. I could be way off on this, I just feel like I've noticed a trend...

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
          BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
          Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
          CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
            The ads you see tend to follow things that you (the user) follow or google. If I google something, or do some research, the ads on here seem to reflect my interests.. I could be way off on this, I just feel like I've noticed a trend...
            Correct.

And no one forces you to do anything.

You don't have to click everything that is on your screen.

Comment

Have you personally donated any money to the site so that the owner would not have to seek financial support for it elsewhere?

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
              I see no ads
              That's because you're the administrator.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

You're joking right? At top and bottom of each page there is usually a banner for Ford or Direct T.V. or Time Warner with a big > to click ...what do you call it?
                Are you joking with this thread?

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  That's because you're the administrator.
                  Exactly. I was trying to figure out how to word it.
                  It's almost as if I have a..... "plus" account.
                  MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

it's called "targeted advertising," but sometimes their aim is a bit off. This is an automotive website, and that's an automotive ad, so from their perspective, it's the correct placement for their ad, not knowing that this is a honda-enthusiast's page concentrating on one specific chassis.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

My ads are usually for Bisimoto or TASAUTO at the top and at the bottom right now is an ad for North Texas Audi....

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                        My ads are usually for Bisimoto or TASAUTO at the top and at the bottom right now is an ad for North Texas Audi....
                        Like this?

MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I think this is just a misunderstanding: I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, but no-one here really has much influence on the type of ads that are shown, except on a very general level, e.g. "cars" or "passenger vehicles" or "aftermarket/performance car accessories." Beyond that, the decision of what to show is entirely third-party and beyond anyones immediate control.

Now, given that, and the understanding of how difficult it would be to "resolve" the issue, please continue.

Comment

Its google advertising. Anyone who hosts a website can sign up for it. Its usually categories that you choose from but as stated "To fill a website with advertisements that are relevant to the topics discussed, webmasters place a brief HTML code on the websites' pages."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdSense

I imagine the proper code has been used, but these are the results. I think we all know they are ads and think nothing of it. I mean seriously, is someone really stupid enough to switch to Ford because of an ad on this page :P

Comment

My ad says, Switch to Lincoln Today
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                              X