CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > DIYs > Exterior DIYs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
GeoffM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkston, MI
Posts: 2,262
GeoffM seems to have made some friends! GeoffM seems to have made some friends!
EXT: Upgrading Wiper blades from newer Hondas

I've had this idea for a while now. It seems like it's working well.
I like the beam style of blade. It seems to wipe and perform better.
But, Rain X or Bosch run $20 each, so $40 every time you want new blades.
After some research, I realized that the newer Hondas had this I beam style, with replaceable inserts. I had the blades leftover from my moms old 08 Accord, and the passenger side works well.

Le video:


Drivers side:
76620-SLN-A11 for the "beam" $27.88 Rubber included, good to go
76622-SLN-ALL for the "rubber" $5.75

Passenger side:
76630-TA0-A01 for the "beam" $free, already had it
76632-TA0-A01 for the "rubber blade" $5.28

I'm particularly proud of this one. Nice and cheap and a good upgrade.
__________________
MRT
37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
sneaky motherfucker

Last edited by GeoffM; 09-20-2012 at 10:22 PM.
GeoffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
MikeW
Master Of Posting Nothing
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Middle America
Posts: 15,677
MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock!
Send a message via Yahoo to MikeW
Are these similar to the "uni-blade" style blades? They are smoother, at first, but I've found that their edges skip and jump after so long. I'd say once they're 6 months old, they're no longer as effective.

I'll have to look into these and see if they're any better.
__________________


KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | . ` ' / . | click here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?
MikeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
GeoffM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkston, MI
Posts: 2,262
GeoffM seems to have made some friends! GeoffM seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Are these similar to the "uni-blade" style blades? They are smoother, at first, but I've found that their edges skip and jump after so long. I'd say once they're 6 months old, they're no longer as effective.

I'll have to look into these and see if they're any better.
Yes. They look very similar.
I had that same problem with the beam style blades of rain x, like this:


I'm hoping to get that 6 good months, then get it back, for $10 instead of $40.

Also it looks cool as fuck.
__________________
MRT
37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
sneaky motherfucker
GeoffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
GeoffM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkston, MI
Posts: 2,262
GeoffM seems to have made some friends! GeoffM seems to have made some friends!


Edit: I have no idea if this is working. The Internet at my school just slowed way down.
__________________
MRT
37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
sneaky motherfucker

Last edited by GeoffM; 09-18-2012 at 02:12 PM.
GeoffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
buzz11
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 580
buzz11 seems to have made some friends! buzz11 seems to have made some friends!
how much do the inserts cost? Do you have to buy from Honda? I dont remember seeing any sold in stores yet
buzz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
GeoffM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkston, MI
Posts: 2,262
GeoffM seems to have made some friends! GeoffM seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz11 View Post
how much do the inserts cost? Do you have to buy from Honda? I dont remember seeing any sold in stores yet
These are the OEM Honda inserts, so yes, they have to come from Honda.
They were $5.28 and $5.75
__________________
MRT
37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
sneaky motherfucker
GeoffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
MikeW
Master Of Posting Nothing
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Middle America
Posts: 15,677
MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock! MikeW has a HUGE cock!
Send a message via Yahoo to MikeW
Did you price the insert holders themselves?

I feel like this is, essentially, a permanent arm and you just replace the inserts as opposed to replacing the entire unit. Granted, it's cheaper, but I feel like these will still skip and chatter after 6 months or so. I might be wrong.
__________________


KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | . ` ' / . | click here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?
MikeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
GeoffM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkston, MI
Posts: 2,262
GeoffM seems to have made some friends! GeoffM seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Did you price the insert holders themselves?

I feel like this is, essentially, a permanent arm and you just replace the inserts as opposed to replacing the entire unit. Granted, it's cheaper, but I feel like these will still skip and chatter after 6 months or so. I might be wrong.
My hope is to just replace the inserts every 6 months. I guess when winter comes around we'll see if I made the right decision!

I updated the main post with prices.
This thread also has the benefit of saving the parts numbers. I had originally
just looked for the correct size inserts and found the part number. When I took
it to the dealership, he could tell I pulled them off a fit

Edit: Re read your post. I'm hoping this is a permanent arm. It would be nice.
__________________
MRT
37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
sneaky motherfucker
GeoffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
GeoffM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkston, MI
Posts: 2,262
GeoffM seems to have made some friends! GeoffM seems to have made some friends!
I updated the main post. The drivers side I ordered came as one complete piece, so I didn't need the insert. I'll probably keep it, that's a free drivers side wiper!
__________________
MRT
37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
sneaky motherfucker
GeoffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
ThePhoenix82
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 118
ThePhoenix82 seems to have made some friends! ThePhoenix82 seems to have made some friends!
I just use Michelin Stealth Hybrid wiper blades. They are a combination of the both and they're only like $10 bucks each at Costco. I've had them for 2 years now and still running perfectly good.
__________________


1993 Honda Accord EX
ThePhoenix82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #11
GeoffM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkston, MI
Posts: 2,262
GeoffM seems to have made some friends! GeoffM seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhoenix82 View Post
I just use Michelin Stealth Hybrid wiper blades. They are a combination of the both and they're only like $10 bucks each at Costco. I've had them for 2 years now and still running perfectly good.
I can use wipers that long, but I'm always surprised at how well the new ones work when I replace them!

Also, I don't think Costco sells them anymore. I was just there and it's either goodyear or anco.
__________________
MRT
37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
sneaky motherfucker
GeoffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
DanCan
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 308
DanCan is cool... so far.
GeoffM, is that Go-Pro cam strapped to ur head? lol
Great Video, the newer style wiper looks alot better, nice edition to our rides.

Whatever wiper you use, I suggest that you use the liquid form of Rain-X on your windshield too. Especially in the winter months.
It helps make ice not "stick" to your window, much easier to clean when your
freezing your balls off in the morning.
I love this stuff, and use it on all my windows, headlights(OEM Glass) and side mirrors. I barely use the wipers on my car with this stuff on.
__________________

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779


Last edited by DanCan; 09-22-2012 at 03:21 PM.
DanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #13
Mike1357
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,354
Mike1357 is cool... so far.
I like the way the 08 wiper arms look in comparison to the store brand beam type. This might be something I look into doing soon. Thanks for sharing the info with the community!
__________________
Mike1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #14
9tAkord
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jersey
Posts: 385
9tAkord is cool... so far.
Which 08 Accord trim these part no. came from. I'm interested on doing these but I can't find the driver's side. The passenger side match though. Just want to be sure all part no. fit our cb7.
__________________

Last edited by 9tAkord; 09-23-2012 at 03:36 PM.
9tAkord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #15
GeoffM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkston, MI
Posts: 2,262
GeoffM seems to have made some friends! GeoffM seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCan View Post
GeoffM, is that Go-Pro cam strapped to ur head? lol
Great Video, the newer style wiper looks alot better, nice edition to our rides.

Whatever wiper you use, I suggest that you use the liquid form of Rain-X on your windshield too. Especially in the winter months.
It helps make ice not "stick" to your window, much easier to clean when your
freezing your balls off in the morning.
I love this stuff, and use it on all my windows, headlights(OEM Glass) and side mirrors. I barely use the wipers on my car with this stuff on.
Sure it
I use the rain x washer fluid. Works very well, but every year I still find myself out there chipping away at the ice. It does work somewhat as a de-icer though. A thorough soaking then go out to chip. Comes off much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1357 View Post
I like the way the 08 wiper arms look in comparison to the store brand beam type. This might be something I look into doing soon. Thanks for sharing the info with the community!
Thanks! It does look much smoother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tAkord View Post
Which 08 Accord trim these part no. came from. I'm interested on doing these but I can't find the driver's side. The passenger side match though. Just want to be sure all part no. fit our cb7.
08 Honda Accord EX-L 4 door 4 cylinder.
I don't know what the guy pulled the drivers side from. I think there is a way to look it up off the part number.
__________________
MRT
37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
sneaky motherfucker
GeoffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #16
GeoffM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkston, MI
Posts: 2,262
GeoffM seems to have made some friends! GeoffM seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewt10 View Post
i like the idea but from what I've noticed is that our driver side blade the size is 600mm. and the driver side of the 08 accord the blade is 650mm. Is it much of a difference? as in when you use them?
The drivers side is from something different. I don't know what. Only the passenger side from the 08 Accord will work.
__________________
MRT
37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
sneaky motherfucker
GeoffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #17
TheNewt10
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Bay, CA
Posts: 116
TheNewt10 seems to have made some friends! TheNewt10 seems to have made some friends!
i like the idea. It just sucks that you will have two different styled wipers. i tried doing research to see if there was a perfect match size for the blades but they dont match our car. The 08 accord drivers side is 650mm and ours it is 600mm. its only a 2in difference but i dont know if it will stop the wipers from working on our cars.
TheNewt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #18
9tAkord
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jersey
Posts: 385
9tAkord is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffM View Post
I've had this idea for a while now. It seems like it's working well.
I like the beam style of blade. It seems to wipe and perform better.
But, Rain X or Bosch run $20 each, so $40 every time you want new blades.
After some research, I realized that the newer Hondas had this I beam style, with replaceable inserts. I had the blades leftover from my moms old 08 Accord, and the passenger side works well.

Le video:


Drivers side:
76620-SLN-A11 for the "beam" $27.88 Rubber included, good to go
76622-SLN-ALL for the "rubber" $5.75

Passenger side:
76630-TA0-A01 for the "beam" $free, already had it
76632-TA0-A01 for the "rubber blade" $5.28

I'm particularly proud of this one. Nice and cheap and a good upgrade.
Driver side is from '08 Fit
Passenger side is from '08 Accord
__________________
9tAkord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
GeoffM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clarkston, MI
Posts: 2,262
GeoffM seems to have made some friends! GeoffM seems to have made some friends!
I've run into an odd problem with these.
Occasionally (keyword right there) the drivers side one will go a bit too far and hit my trim. But only occasionally. The rest of the time it's fine.
__________________
MRT
37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
sneaky motherfucker
GeoffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #20
PR CB7
CB7tuner Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the sky
Posts: 2,993
PR CB7 is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to PR CB7
Infinity QX56 wipers................. own any other wiper
and they are 24,19
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)
PR CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.