Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

website

hey guys i need some help!

my brother-in-law has a business with his brother.
    they asked me to help them make a website.
    since work has been really low, i mean really really low.
    and they need to work to have money and pay off some debts.
    maybe the website could help get some jobs.

im not really good at the whole internet and building sites.
    i know we have to buy a domain(name) some are free i believe.
    then we need a host and have to pay for it like very month or get a yearly plan.

i wanna know how much would a domain be and if there are some free.
    also the host, if theres a way to get it for free.
    ive read that if there are free, they will have ads in the page.

any help is greatly appreciated!

Base it on something like this.... (the background/ general format ) but obviously with the info you need to convey..... You will bring tons of business in with a website like this...
    link

Comment

^^

Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by Chicano2005 View Post
        hey guys i need some help!

my brother-in-law has a business with his brother.
        they asked me to help them make a website.
        since work has been really low, i mean really really low.
        and they need to work to have money and pay off some debts.
        maybe the website could help get some jobs.

im not really good at the whole internet and building sites.
        i know we have to buy a domain(name) some are free i believe.
        then we need a host and have to pay for it like very month or get a yearly plan.

i wanna know how much would a domain be and if there are some free.
        also the host, if theres a way to get it for free.
        ive read that if there are free, they will have ads in the page.

any help is greatly appreciated!
        Pandemic has free hosting. Google "web hosting".
        Also Google sites that will build you a website, if you don't know how.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Tons of clip art that always works to... Waving American flag..

Another good example

But I would check with Pandemic for hosting.... If he doesn't build websites himself he will sure know who is good..

Comment

I can set you up with a free account without ads for one year. After that you'll have to upgrade to the $45/year package. Domain will be $15 per year.

You can always use some type of WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) creater like dream weaver, frontpage, or something like that to design a site.

I do know a handfull of designers but their work is not budget price.
            My Car
            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Depending on what you want the site to do, designing a site isn't that difficult. Simple website design is very easy these days. Hell, I used to code it all by hand in Notepad! (can't do that anymore...)

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                I can set you up with a free account without ads for one year. After that you'll have to upgrade to the $45/year package. Domain will be $15 per year.

You can always use some type of WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) creater like dream weaver, frontpage, or something like that to design a site.

I do know a handfull of designers but their work is not budget price.
                hey, since we're already talking about this.... kinda . Do you support MySQL tables and do you run Glassfish? Basically i have a huge System thats web-based with about 10-15 MySQL tables and whole Java back-end. Do you support that?

Comment

being somebody who recently has been designing and developing web pages for a living, its definitely not something you just "do on a whim."

look into Wordpress, it is a self-contained web publishing system that allows you to construct a site without having to deal with actual coding. it wont be anything rediculous, but it allows for blog posts / image galleries / shopping carts / etc, with any choice of thousands of styles.

godaddy offers a "wordpress only" hosting package that is cheaper than a traditional website, may be sufficient for what you are looking to do.

that would be the easiest way of achieving what you are looking for.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
                    hey, since we're already talking about this.... kinda . Do you support MySQL tables and do you run Glassfish? Basically i have a huge System thats web-based with about 10-15 MySQL tables and whole Java back-end. Do you support that?
                    I've never heard of glassfish but we do support mySQL easily.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                    being somebody who recently has been designing and developing web pages for a living, its definitely not something you just "do on a whim."

look into Wordpress, it is a self-contained web publishing system that allows you to construct a site without having to deal with actual coding. it wont be anything rediculous, but it allows for blog posts / image galleries / shopping carts / etc, with any choice of thousands of styles.

godaddy offers a "wordpress only" hosting package that is cheaper than a traditional website, may be sufficient for what you are looking to do.

that would be the easiest way of achieving what you are looking for.
                    Wordpress is one option. Drupal is another, better, option.
                    My Car

Comment

I've never heard of glassfish but we do support mySQL easily.
                      What software do you use to run your server if you know what i mean?
                      Glassfish is just an Open Source server that you can install on your machine, set up and go. We use it at the Uni/Collage cuz its free and fast.

With MySQL, do you have a limit for tables and procedures?

Comment

We use a version of Linux.

MySQL uses databases so I'm not sure what you mean by tables and procedures. Either way, we offer unlimited databases. The only thing that'll limit you is storage and bandwidth caps.
                        My Car

Comment

We use a version of Linux.

MySQL uses databases so I'm not sure what you mean by tables and procedures. Either way, we offer unlimited databases. The only thing that'll limit you is storage and bandwidth caps.
                          Awesome. Im asking because some webhosting companies limit you to x numbers of tables and procedures that you can have with your website.

So... you offer unlimited databases but the only thing that limit me is the storage? haha how does that work? What do you mean by storage?

Comment

You've got, say 5gb of bandwidth and 2gb of storage. If your SQL databases are using 2gb of storage, that's it.

What project do you have going on?
                            My Car

Comment

You've got, say 5gb of bandwidth and 2gb of storage. If your SQL databases are using 2gb of storage, that's it.

What project do you have going on?
                              Its a school management system. We're almost done. 2GB thats MORE than enough. We have about 500 accounts registered, and every year +/-100 goes away (I will archive those accounts so that it doesn't use the server storage) and another +/- 100 added. We're thinking about 50-100 users online at all time. Mostly Fridays.

Comment

Working...
                              X