Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the options for my perfect car so limited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you ever have some money and decide to think about this topic again, what about a Jetta or Passat GLI?

Underground.Society
    Originally posted by Deevergote
    If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer825 View Post
      If you ever have some money and decide to think about this topic again, what about a Jetta or Passat GLI?
      He does not want FWD.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Sounds like you're having a midlife crisis....You're not balding, are you...?

>.>
        <.<

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Why are your options for the perfect car so limited?

EASY. It's that "p" word you used.
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Didn't see a Toyota Cressida mentioned in here. I have been helping a buddy work on a 1992 (mx83 chassis code and final year in the USA). Rwd (some come equipped with lsd), four door, and considered a luxury car by his insurance company (they actually specified it on his paperwork). The stock engine is the 7m-ge just like the mkIII. I like the body style as it shares some of the boxy look the cb7 has, but with the straight 6 torque. Only thing that might throw you off is that they all automatic from 89-92...then again you weren't looking for a project/fun car to replace your cb. Still easy to kick the rear out if need be. Stock rating is 190hp/185tq and with i/h/e and cams i have seen over 200hp.

Down the road a 7mgte conversion wouldn't be too big a deal if you got bored with it, mkIII supra parts swap over. Currently we are in the middle of throwing in a 1jzgte from a jzx81 chaser. He picked the car up with a blown 7m for 500 bucks and otherwise clean car. Sourced the 1j for around 1500. All in all with everything we are doing to it, it's going to come in around 5k total spent. So it's well within your 8k price range no matter what engine is in there haha.

Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
            Project 240SX
            Originally posted by chillin943
            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
              He does not want FWD.
              Exactly. And I wouldn't touch anything VW that isn't an original Beetle anyway. I've seen more VWs on fire than any other car. No thanks!

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
              Sounds like you're having a midlife crisis....You're not balding, are you...?

>.>
              <.<

Yeah, I think I might be having a midlife crisis. Not balding... but definitely going gray.

Originally posted by blackice View Post
              Didn't see a Toyota Cressida mentioned in here. I have been helping a buddy work on a 1992 (mx83 chassis code and final year in the USA). Rwd (some come equipped with lsd), four door, and considered a luxury car by his insurance company (they actually specified it on his paperwork). The stock engine is the 7m-ge just like the mkIII. I like the body style as it shares some of the boxy look the cb7 has, but with the straight 6 torque. Only thing that might throw you off is that they all automatic from 89-92...then again you weren't looking for a project/fun car to replace your cb. Still easy to kick the rear out if need be. Stock rating is 190hp/185tq and with i/h/e and cams i have seen over 200hp.

Down the road a 7mgte conversion wouldn't be too big a deal if you got bored with it, mkIII supra parts swap over. Currently we are in the middle of throwing in a 1jzgte from a jzx81 chaser. He picked the car up with a blown 7m for 500 bucks and otherwise clean car. Sourced the 1j for around 1500. All in all with everything we are doing to it, it's going to come in around 5k total spent. So it's well within your 8k price range no matter what engine is in there haha.
              If I was looking for a project, a Cressida would DEFINITELY be on the list. A 5 speed conversion and 7MGTE swap are simple, and donor Mk3s are abundant. For what I was looking for here, though, a Cressida is just too old. Not fancy enough to be impressive to anyone but another tuner (and I'm sorry... I don't need to impress any tuners!) and old enough to be a headache.

If I ended up getting anything, it probably would've been a 3 series, 5 series, Miata, or S2000.

Comment

Just finish school first. At this rate you'll never go back!

Comment

Yeah, I know. That's the conclusion I've arrived at. I keep saying I'm no longer looking for a car, but nobody seems to read that.

The only bad thing is that I'm going to be nearly 40 by the time I finish school!

Comment

Eh, better late than never. Hell, I'm 27 and am older than most of the people in my graduate program.

Comment

Working...
                    X