No announcement yet.

MyCord : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.. yea it should be like a whole new car once everything goes on.

Comment

nice cb, clean is always a plus............. where in mass are you located?
      93 ex coupe

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164698

Comment

your car seams to be coming along great, good job

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
        DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Thanks dee, I'm in western mass, near springfield. I have family out in Boston tho.

Thanks Ox, I'm trying.. it's hard to do anything when it's tho cold tho haha

Comment

Will you be bringing ya cb to boston during the spring?
            93 ex coupe

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164698

Comment

Most likely I will. Right now I'm having some problem with it between 1000 and 3000 cutting out on me.. Trying hard to get it fixed tho. I just called up a friend of the family to see if he could look at it and at the same time do all the major maintenance like the head gasket/water pump/belts etc so it'll be set for the turbo.

Comment

just looked through this thread, i really like where this is going... youve got a good collection of parts going on. when are you planning to put it all together? im assuming youre still driving it, any recent pics with the new paint?

few tips..

for the intake plenum i would take any plastic/rubber parts off and spray it with paint stripper...

for the sway bar end links, between the two center bushings that are touching each other there should be a washer-bushing(like 1cm)-washer. that takes up the extra slack you see as well as holds the two bushings separate and gives each one a big flat surface to sit against.

oh and make sure when you install the UCAs that you twist the balljoint mounting plates so the slot is perpendicular to the side of the car, not diagonal...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Yes I am still driving the car, here are some updated pics:

It's hard to keep it clean in the winter. I have EX alloys and blizzaks on right now. It was 60 yesterday so I washed and waxed it, but it's already dirty. I should've taken pics while I had the chance.

Comment

Yeamans came up and helped me put the H23 IM on just a few weeks ago. I've been fighting with my TPS since then to get it perfect, I'm pretty close. It's at .45v so I think there is an uderlying problem. I have to take the alloys off soon and put the rotas on while it's so warm because blizzaks wear 3x as fast when it's above 40.

I also put the 3" ebay intake on and I had to use their filter because I couldn't fit that AEM on no matter how hard I tried. I also put the window visors back on.

As for putting all of the parts on the car, probably april or may, just as soon as the snow clears up and the pot holes are fixed and I don't freeze in the garage haha. I still need a few parts for the turbo setup and Circuit City is closing so I need a new job before I can buy any more.

Comment

Nice car. You've added so much in only two years, great job.
                      South Texas M_thaf_cka, that's where I stay!

Check out my Frost White CB
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=SpdJnky93

Comment

Thanks man, yea it's been a lot of work, and headaches haha..

Comment

Got the rota's media blasted. They did them once, I got them home, started sanding and they still had primer. So the second time I had the tires removed and they did them again, still a little primer but just tiny spots. Now I'm sanding/polishing. I can't believe how much time I've spent sanding/polishing and I only have 1 rim completely done, but I hope on saturday to get the tires mounted on them. Just got new g-force sports for them and I'm going to install the suspension/brakes at the same time.. should be sick! I buffed the paint and it looks flawless. I'm going to paint my moldings a nice deep black and clear them so they always shine. Polish up the window trim as well.. I'm thinking I might paint the windows in the rota's black or silver or something to offset the polished aluminum. I also did an engine bay grounding kit and got a new head unit and some better rca's.

Will post major updates within a week.

Comment

Almost finished polishing them. Just landed a job so by summer I should be able to turbo completely.

Comment

Well they're polished and they've been on the car for awhile. I'll take some pics tomorrow when I wax and wash it. To be honest, I liked them black better so it was a nice waste of about $300.. If I do put the super cup kit on that I have in my garage I bet it would look sick tho..

Comment

nice post some new pics!!
                                I Miss My Cb7!

Comment

Working...
                                X