No announcement yet.

JohnD1079 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think its probably water dripping out of the exhaust, as thats where it usually comes from, plus its cold outside.

youd be fine with one fan. i have working A/C with a single fan and its fine.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Well, in not doing no performance buildup. Just stock H22, nothing else is really gonna get done to the engine. This is it, other than a header.

I dunno i actually havent checked the plugs on this car. I will be tomorrow. Ill check for water or gas.

The IACV and FITV were cleaned when the intake was out of the car.

BTW. Honda has 3 different types of Tan seats. One for the 90-01 where there are two textures of cloth, and then theres one with a really small texture and then theres another type with a bigger texture. I found that out the hard way. Drivers and passenger seat are slightly different, lol.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Well, I changed the spark plugs today. I just put in regular $2 denso's for now. the "old" ones look pretty new, and they werent black but actually white, Liek its supposed to be.

Pics of the old plugs with the new plugs's box next to it.

I changed the oil, and right now im waiting for myt phone to charge, and then the car is off to Canada

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

good choice

ps. Bosch = ...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

So wait what are you heading up to Canada for?

Good progress with the car too.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

if ur tracking this thing u need 2 fans

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

so I made it up here ok

Turns out im not running rich, but actually pretty good. On my first fill up city driving i got 25 mpg and on the highway igot 32-33 mpg .

prNonVtec4u-Yea, i dont like bosch, plus you cant gap them properly

Accrdkid-To live there

starchland-skim fans are just as efficient

Comment

welcome to canada john cant wait to c in person if u eva come to toronto
                  GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Welcome to Canada bro!

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                      if ur tracking this thing u need 2 fans
                      he's in CANADA man lol... and go to the track and find me two fan cars. Drag cars usually have one that I've ever seen. But yes a better fan.

It's hot as hell literally in tx and I use my ac and I've only had one fan the three years 60k+ miles I've had the car and unless I sat in traffic to long with the ac on it never got above normal temp.
                      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                        he's in CANADA man lol... and go to the track and find me two fan cars. Drag cars usually have one that I've ever seen. But yes a better fan.

It's hot as hell literally in tx and I use my ac and I've only had one fan the three years 60k+ miles I've had the car and unless I sat in traffic to long with the ac on it never got above normal temp.
                        Im in Canada where are you. well I thought I was in Canada?

he has an aftermarket fan only need for one

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                          Im in Canada where are you. well I thought I was in Canada?

he has an aftermarket fan only need for one
                          lol make up your mind you said two now you are saying one.
                          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

well, i was about ot order some slim fan(s) today, and right before i ordered. I realized that i didnt really need it, and untill i have a job here, im not buying anything for the car unless it needs it. . I will be later on though

I gave my cousin a ride, and he noticed that some of the speakers dont work. I couldnt tell, so i checked, and surley enough only 1 speaker was working. LOL. Ive decided agaisnt keeping the subs. I dont need them, nor will i ever even come close to using them to the rms power that they have, ever. Hell i couldnt even tell the difference between 1 and 4 speakers working. Ill be getting a 10 in or 8 in. later on.

My idle is still messed up bc of the IACV. it idles at whatever it feels like it. sometimes its like 1700, sometiems its 1100, sometimes its 800. It changes after each time the car gets cold. I thought that the h22/3 were the same (iacv and fitv), butt he f22's were different, but i think i found out today that they are all the same. . If thats the case, then i can get one no problem and fix it...

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                              lol make up your mind you said two now you are saying one.
                              well two oem fans...if your hitting the track you definately need 2 oem fans...but now he is using an aftermarket i hear

Comment

hmm, I replaced my IACV with another one, and i still get the code.

after i changed it i drove around for a little, and then on the last run, i took it up to 4k and then let the rpm go down in gear, and then i heard some weird squeaking sound coming from the engine. Sounded like something was rubbing against something. Narrowed it down to the crank area. Took the alt. belt off and still same thing. Then i noticed that one of those bolts that holds the plastic cover over the timing belt was gone. I put a bolt in there and tightened it and still the same thing.

I didnt wanna take off the VC bc it was snowing. Im just gonna hope the two bottom bolts that holds the cover over the block are gone and that is whats causing that noise........

Comment

Working...
                                X