No announcement yet.

JohnD1079 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

definitely doesnt look like a let-down project to me... look how clean everything is! one trick that really helps is any hoses or rubber parts like the boots for wiring connections that you are reusing, even if they look clean, rubbing them kinda hard with a rag wet with PB Blaster will make them look like fresh new rubber

id like to see a pic of where you got the fusebox to sit too. its something you can always come back to, doing a huge project like this u gotta skip over a few things until later. perhaps a metal plate cut and bent to provide a place to bolt the fusebox to? or does it just not reach where you wanted it to?

and sounds like you have some plans for underneath too, eh makes you feel bad driving such a nice clean motor on top of a suspension thats falling apart...

Originally posted by JohnD1079
    Larry-I dont have pic if it, but ill take one on monday. Its not a A+ job like i would like. I let myself down on this , becasue it dosent sit up like i planned it to, and i have it tied upside down by zip ties. In order for me to get it how i wanted it to, i would have needed to cut in solider, which is something i didnt do at all for this project. The only think i soldiered, was the reverse plugs, the water temp sensor plugs, and i extended the CEL plug so i can have it as a switch next to me e-brake.

It feels good to be home and showered and clean . I havent been home since Wednesday afternoon.

Im gonna make a list of what I have left to do(Ill be adding as a I remember:
    Bleed Brakes
    Torque Axle Buts
    Check Torque on Crank
    Bolt in Exhaust
    Install Intake
    Add Windsheild washer Cover
    Rattle Can Fenders/Hood
    Install Dash w/Accessories
    Audio Install
    Interior

But ya, All my bushings and Ball Joints are shot. The sway bar bushings all all cracked and torn. Both my lower Ball joints rubbers are slightly ripped, but still solid. My Upper Ball joints are complete shit. They are ripped all around, the bottom half of the rubber fell a couple times, and there is a lot of play. Spring time cant come soon enough.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Sorry guys, no pics. I forgot the Camera at home, and i just got home today, since monday!!!. Yes i feel dirty.

I did a few things, blah blah. The Thermal R&D Exhaust was about 6 inches too long and the connection at the "rear" axle. SO i had to cut it, and weld it. and i Did it myself . It dosent look too pretty though. . I did not bad on the practice metal, but the exhaust piping was pretty thin, so i get on burning holes. I grinded it down to make sure there is no holes, and the welded again on top of it.

Other than that, dash is in, but i didnt bolt it or anything, because my Fog light switch is at home, so im just gonna wait untill tomorrow.

For suspension. After driving it around, and taking it to alignment, i wanna see how bad my camber n caster is, and then buy adjustable Ball Joints is i need(or camber kit). I am planning on changing all my Bushings. Prothane or ES, i still need to look into it.

On monday i made a 200 miles round trip to buy these. Not a big deal, but its the first time i spent more than $100 on a set of 4 tires. Cost me $200 and they brand New. Bridgestone Blizzak ws-50

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

winter tires = good investment
        nice progress.
        DEVOTE

Comment

Wow great pick up on the tires i've never seen them go that cheap what tire place did you end up ordering from ?

P.S. we need more pics! lol

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
          Frost White Member 13
          My Ride
          "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Originally posted by icedplaya123
            Wow great pick up on the tires i've never seen them go that cheap what tire place did you end up ordering from ?

P.S. we need more pics! lol
            I found them off of ebay. The guys that had them bought them back in July for a cb7 (coincidence), and then 2 weeks later his GF totaled the car. He had them on ebay, contacted him and we met up(I didnt even bid).

Using Ebay to find cheap deals = , Getting an awomse deal without supporting Ebays rediculous fees = : All this Equals .

While teh drive was a bit excessive, This clothing outlet center was on the way, so i got some awesome deals on some clothes which made it even better for me

Ill have a bunch of Pics up tomorrow.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

i'll b awaiting the new pix. everything's coming along greatly man, hats off to ya and bow

keep us posted!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
              My Ride thread
              Flickr
              Originally posted by d112crzy
              And it can only get better. That's the best part.
              All I gotta really say is:
              People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

nice deal, those blizzaks are the best snow tires out there. you will feel like god with all 4 on. good shit once again

Comment

Thank You Everybody. You guys are a major reason why i am still going at it.

I didnt rattle can the fenders and hood yet. They are prepped, but its too cold. I want them to be at least somewhat warm so they dont start chiping soon later on. I am going to leave my front and rear bumper Arcadia Green. I dont wanna paint plastic, or whatever it is. Ill have a GBB .

oo, and the bitch is LOW. like i think i have a 3-4 finger gap in between the tire and the frame part. This is going to be a big change for me.

Comment

dam dood ballin ass build. ive always like wire tucks but i don have enuff time er balls to do it. my shyt has to be driven every day lol.
                    Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by FuncOvrForm
                      dam dood ballin ass build. ive always like wire tucks but i don have enuff time er balls to do it. my shyt has to be driven every day lol.
                      having several cars and no drivers license helps.

Comment

Well, i Hope 8 Pics is enough for ya. Heres an update......

Underdash. Not really proud of how the fusebox sits. It probably will cause a problem with the passanger feet n all, So I probably will relocate it again to the trunk, IN the summer. I do like how the Map Box sits though, I just gotta protect it somehow. The JDM ECU dosent bolt up to the protection plate

Just a shot of the interior

Today was a very sad day for me and my CB. I had some moementum going untill i saw this. After that i was just sad and pissed and didnt feel like doing anything

I repainted the axle-back. I Welded it up crooked . The only way i can counter that is get a rubber hanger thats shorter, and in turn bring it closer up tot he body

Picture of the Engine, with the PS Fluid Reivior Installed. I went to the u pull lit, and chose the 1st car that had a 2 inlet/outlet resivior. It was a Mitubishi Galant. I took its Brake Fluid Resivior.

How it is right now

I think im gonna take a break on working on it today. It was friggen cold last night, and im starting to feel sick. Im gonna go to the sauna right now and see how i feel after

Comment

Looking sick dude.

That fuse box under the dash looks fine. Must've taken some effort to relocate it.

Also, fantastic p/s reservoir down there. I would've never seen it if you hadn't included a close up picture of it. Are you going to run the regular h22 p/s pump?

Comment

im really liking how you got everything at. where did u get that p/s reservior?

Comment

Everything looks good. Paint the muffler? or did you buy it like that.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                                Everything looks good. Paint the muffler? or did you buy it like that.
                                he painted the whole exhaust to keep cops from noticing anything
                                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Working...
                                X