ACCLUDE91: 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACCLUDE91: 1993 Accord EX

This is my third Accord. Accord #1 (F22A4) is MIA. Accord #2 (H22A) got KIA. This third one has been through many different modifications including an H22A/H23A1 frankenstien, F22A6, F22A4, the current F22B1, and soon to be turbo H23A1. Bolt-ons have changed here and there over the years as well. All of my Accords have been heavily abused and this one is no different. I’m rough as shit on it and take it to track events regularly. All in all I have not had any major issues with the car. Hell I can’t even intentionally blow up the motor in it…and I’ve tried! lol!

I have another thread on here covering this car, but it’s been so long and so many things have changed that I figured I’d just start a new thread on it.

Current Mods:
    F22B1 motor and trans swap
    Clutchmaster stage 2
    Generic eBay special header
    Custom short-ram intake, OBX filter & functional hood scoop
    MSD 6AL ignition box
    MSD HVC-II Blaster Coil
    MSD external coil cap
    FULLY stripped interior
    FULLY stripped trunk
    95 EX alloys
    H22A (46 PSI) fuel press. regulator
    Injected polyurethane into the openings of the engine mounts
    Additional engine grounds run
    Cut some metal out of the trunk area, rear deck, and the sides below the qtr. glass
    Partially stripped and modified under the hood (it takes me 30- 45 min. to pull a motor out of this car!)
    Cut a little off both front crossmembers and the rear crossmember
    Cruise control system removed including module, actuator, wiring & vacuum hoses
    Shaved windshield washer nozzles and removed washer fluid reservoir/pump/hoses/wires
    All heatshields and unnecessary bolts/brackets underneath removed.
    Factory cat. converter and cat-back, but the cat. conv. and muffler have been gutted (shhhh!)
    Integrated unit removed and car re-wired. This is the thing that partially controls your radiator fans, door chime, main relay and other items.
    Door pin switches and wiring removed.
    Radiator fan timer, temperature switches and wiring removed
    Rear defrost wiring and switch removed
    Sound deadening material removed (useless heavy shit)
    Hood Pins
    Doors partially stripped
    COMPLETE A/C system removal including evaporator and condenser
    Heater Core and all heater hoses removed (my coolant capacity is only 1.25 gallons!)
    Blower motor/dash vents/piping and climate control panel removed
    Stripped dash and electronics
    Random brackets/bolts/fasteners/clips removed
    Steering column stripped – ignition switch relocated to custom center panel
    Custom center panel has switches for various things (like fuel pump kill, radiator fan control, CEL check, master power kill, radar detector kill, brake lights kill, tail lights kill) and also houses the ignition switch
    Partial factory wiring removed
    Converted to 4-wheel NON-ABS Disc (removed roughly 110 lbs. of ABS brake parts, fluid & wiring!)
    Tokico HP struts
    Suspension Techniques springs
    Energy Suspension master bushing kit
    SPC eccentric camber kit
    EBC Greenstuff brake pads
    Mud flaps removed
    OBX rear lower tie bar (being removed soon cause it doesn’t really do anything but add weight and look pretty)
    Generic upper strut tower bars front and rear
    Sunpro gages (oil press., oil temp., batt. volts, water temp.)
    Trunk mount battery in a sealed enclosure with drainage
    Complete airbag system removal
    Radio, antenna wire, and all speakers/ speaker wire removed
    Factory rear wing removed and holes shaved
    Antenna shaved
    Front license plate mount shaved
    Blacked out corner lights
    Blacked out bumper lights
    All side molding/trim and rain gutter molding removed (soon to be shaved)
    All emblems removed/shaved
    $36 in flat black spray paint lol!

For autoX events, the sunroof, door glass and window regulators are also removed.

I know there’s more done to the car but I can’t think of it right now.

Future Mods:
    More stripping
    The car is currently daily driven. That limits me as to what else I can remove/relocate/modify and still pass inspection. I will be taking the car off the street soon and fully strip it and get it ready for some serious racing. On the list:
    Built turbo H23 motor
    H23 trans, axle and wheel/tire upgrades
    Complete brake system upgraded/modified
    Fuel system upgrades including a fuel cell and removing/shaving old gas tank, lines and fill cover lid – will be run on Cam2
    Strip hood, fenders, headlights and bumper and make a more aerodynamic one piece carbon fiber front end cover easily removed and easily installed
    Custom “lighter” and more aerodynamic rear bumper and shaved/molded to frame
    Shave rain gutters, side molding, gas tank lid, and other misc. body parts
    Remove bumper braces and other heavy ass useless metal pieces
    Removing exhaust crap. New exhaust will come out the side infront or behind the front wheels
    Full custom roll cage with camera mounts
    Racing seat and 4 point harness
    Removable steering wheel
    Fully strip dash and make an aluminum NASCAR style dash lined with useful gages and switches
    Shortshifter
    Easily tunable engine electronic goodies
    Convert sunroof to a much lighter lexan emergency escape hatch
    Remove all glass and replace with lexan
    Fully strip the doors and cut a shitload of useless metal out of them
    More random useless metal removal
    Possible frame strengthening in certain areas
    Lightened pulleys, flywheel and other drivetrain goodies.
    Upgraded fully adjustable suspension
    P/S completely removed
    All emissions equipment removed
    Fully gut factory wiring and electronics and only run the needed wires for mandatory devices.
    Remove trunk lid and make a carbon fiber “cover” and mold it to the body.
    Possible 5 lug conversion
    Many other various aerodynamic changes

The goal behind the car is to make it meet the specs for the NDRA Outlaw class rules, the Honda Challenge rules for autoX and to meet spec for a few other classes. I like autoX events….but drag racing is still fun and seems to get the most attention. I figure it would be nice to have a car that meets spec for both classes so I can use it for either. It’ll be easier to get recognition in drag racing……but personally more satisfying getting some excellent autoX times. Brakes, suspensions, transmissions, and engine tuning would be completely different setups and easily changeable depending on the event. Trying to hit somewhere between 8-9 sec. times in the qtr. That should turn a few heads. I need to come up with a good NA engine setup for autoX events.

I’m not expecting this car to be done anytime in the near future. It’s gonna take a while to get all the parts and do all the work. With any luck, the car will get done sometime within 2 years from when it’s parked and stripped. I tried to do this with my first Accord and got as far as completely stripping it (including the paint), cutting it up, modifying the frame, and priming/sealing the whole car but a “situation” came up with the shop I was working out of. I ended up losing that car and never got to finish what I started (it got beat with pry bars and cut into pieces with a plasma cutter ). This time it will be done at my own shop and it will sit there until it’s done.

Here’s some old pics of the car from many years ago. All of these first pics were taken within one week from when I purchased this vehicle.

AH, memories My old H22 and the H22/H23 frankenstien sittin side by side

Here’s a fairly up to date engine bay pic:

Some Exterior shots:

Last edited by ACCLUDE91; 10-10-2007, 11:56 PM.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

And here's some pics of the interior and mods (or lack of interior):

Last edited by ACCLUDE91; 10-11-2007, 12:06 AM.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

so whats the deal with the h22/h23 frank.... do you still have the h22 head? as always man... keep it up...

SOLD!

Comment

na all that stuff is long gone. That frank engine was the first of its kind that I know of. I did tons of research when I got the car and I couldn't find anyone else that had ever done the conversion. It was built a few years ago before there wasn't any real info on the combo. I sold that and the H22 to the same guy John out in Oregon. I'm suprised I haven't seen him on here???

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

damn...talk about weight reduction.is it comfortable to daily drive this thing,and is it your only car?

ILBB
          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

well, it's noisy.....you hear every bump in the road and you can hear everything the car is doing. That's a good thing to me but I do miss having a damn cupholder and it would be nice to have cruise control and a radio.

I'm a car dealer so I end up driving different cars from the lot all the time.

I plan to buy another 4th gen (preferably wagon or 4dr) in the near futer and park this one. The new one will remain stock or atleast only slightly modded so it's very streetable.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Most Gutted out car i seen bump for a nice thread!!!!!!!!

Comment

Pat, great thread and I enjoyed reading the details on your car You are def. a cert. Accord freak! This may sound funny, but I really admire all the weight reduction/stripping out you've done. I can't believe how much you've taken out, and it really shows...and go's! Nice work. I plan on buying another cb7 years down the road, and I can kind of picture it something like yours. Do you actually know how much the car weighs right now? I'd like to know. Good luck w/ all your future plans, I'm sure you will achieve them Take care

Dan

In that first pic, we have the exact same dent on the pass. fender! Mines the same year, color, trim, and trans only 4 door!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. My stripped ass car is definitely not for everyone.

It weighs just over 2100 lbs. with me in it (I'm only weigh like 130lbs.)

I can't seem to get it below 2000 and still pass inspection. I pulled even more shit off of it before but had to put it back on just to get the damn inspection sticker (like hood latch, side mirriors, rearview mirror, and other parts).

I don't recommend anyone else do this to their daily drivers. I need to take it off th road ASAP because it's getting to the point that it's just not streetable anymore. I can't take passengers withme anywhere. My coffee cups spill all the damn time. It gets hot as shiit in the summer and cold as shit in the winter. Police tend to laugh when they see how gutted it is. It's just not a daily driver any more yet I still drive it daily.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

nice to see another f22b1 representer looks good man real racey. like what you've done with the hood too.
                    CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

Thanks! I like the B1 so far. It's a nice matchup with the 4th gens.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

So how many of us in here have this swap!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've counted 4 so far.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

I love the idea of having a stripped out rat rod like this one. Nice job and have fun with it.
                            My CB7 post on my blog
                            My CB7 thread

Comment

super sexy pat, body looks alot better flat blacked. cant wait to see it in person... gonna be visiting my friend in SC pretty soon, id like to pass by if possible

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X