No announcement yet.

4genaccordfreak : 1990 Accord EX-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks everyone... that is my main goal.. to keep it simple, clean... yet have a good balance with handling and power.. although when i boost the h22a next year it will have Darton M.I.D sleeves installed and running about 11-12 PSI.. before i decide to do a full bottom end build with rod's and pistons etc.. the balance will most likely just be off the scale!.. my main focus with my CB.. is POWER output.. since not alot of ppl bother to bump up the motor mods ive decided to keep up with all my buddies in their hatches with b16/turbo etc etc.. that are already running 12's easily.. thats my goal..

UPDATE FOR THIS WEEK:

Valves are all cleaned and degreased.. the valve grind/lapping to begin... should make for somewhat perfect valve seal all through the head..

Clutch and flywheel has been ordered.. although the street disc idea was changed for ACT's BRAND NEW THIS YEAR 6-Puck SPRUNG.. disc.. the new disc was just introduced in their race line up a few months ago.. will give me the clutch grip of a 6-puck ceramic disc.. with the engagement of a street disc.. should be sick combo with the Extreme Pressure plate and Prolite 8.5lbs flywheel.. all ACT..

clutch and flywheel along with my ARP headstuds, Cometic H-P Headgasket, and Teflon Hondata sty. IM gasket will all be coming together this coming sunday..

1990 Accord EX-R 4door
    5speed, *H22a Power*

-4 Doors are better because there is more of me to pass you with!-

++Proud to be Powered By Honda++

Comment

Nice ride man, keep up the good setup. Quick question How much were your autometer gauges??? and do you like them?
      www.spokenbracelets.com

SOLD my cb7

Comment

i got the gauges themselves used.. athough only for about 500km's of use.. (the original owners teg was boosted and blew up) so he sold them to my buddy.. i payed about 300$CDN or APRX. 240$ USD with the generic triple pod which is REAL Autometer.. although it's been cut at both ends.. (need to buy a new one that fits)

the gauges i really like.. although they are the sport comp (black-faced) series which makes them difficult to see at night with certain coloured bulbs.. since most of autometer gauges (except for C2 series) are all backlit..

on a side note at our shop we stock both Autometer and Stewart Warner gauges.. the SW's are very nice too.. not cheap by any means.. good thing about them is the face is slightly larger than Autometers.. and also depending on which gauges u have and what face colour they are.. the numbers all light up with the backlit.. so they are very easy to read at night.. and look awesome (they look exactly like ur cluster) how all the needles and numbers light up.. same thing.. autometer doesnt have that feature with most of their series line-ups.. but both companies gauges are very good quality..
        Last edited by 4genaccordfreak; 05-03-2005, 10:47 PM.

1990 Accord EX-R 4door
        5speed, *H22a Power*

-4 Doors are better because there is more of me to pass you with!-

++Proud to be Powered By Honda++

Comment

So clean! Man lovin the engine bay! Did lil by lil on my, but nothin like yours! Esecially without the A/C lines it looks less cluddered! What's new on the agenda on your cb? Well post somethin new!

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          oh well. its just a car, its not the end of the world.

Comment

That intake mani looks like a jewel. Nice work!
            My CB7 post on my blog
            My CB7 thread

Comment

ok dude, that engine is immaculate. fantastic job on keeping it clean. and well done on that intakemanifold.
              My members ride thread

Comment

Clean, so have u got the 6th gen Greddy lip? keep it up, like ur car

Comment

I really like the route you're going with your car. Those RSZ-R's would look great, but good luck finding a set. Mighty ballerish.

Question though. I noticed you have a modded 90-91 grill on your 92-93 bumper, and it appears to fit impeccably. How in lord's name did you get it to sit perfectly flush like that? I thought the 90-91 grills were taller than 92-93 grills, and it doesn't appear like you shaved the 'lip' that comes up from the 92-93 bumper.

Please let me know exactly what you did/cut/shave to make the grill fit like that. Thanks

My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1
                    I really like the route you're going with your car. Those RSZ-R's would look great, but good luck finding a set. Mighty ballerish.

Question though. I noticed you have a modded 90-91 grill on your 92-93 bumper, and it appears to fit impeccably. How in lord's name did you get it to sit perfectly flush like that? I thought the 90-91 grills were taller than 92-93 grills, and it doesn't appear like you shaved the 'lip' that comes up from the 92-93 bumper.

Please let me know exactly what you did/cut/shave to make the grill fit like that. Thanks
                    mine is pretty much a near perfect fit..i got it to line up with the bumper and the head lights ill post some pics tomorrow..

i have the 92/93 headlights/front bumper and my original 91 grill.

what i did was drill another hole on the grill and ill post pics of that too.

Comment

omg thats low!!

how much millimetres have u got from the ground to ya front bar/side skirts???
                      my kitted cb7

Soarer Source | The Home Of The Toyota Soarer and Lexus Sc300 sc400

Comment

Bump for this becuase it's hot! Update this man, I want to see the engine!
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i have the same seats in my car, just a different center pattern. looks good

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

nice car. loving tha light blue paint with them 16" Volk Bronze TE-37!! i was wonderin' where'd you get tha side skirt and rear lip? looks nice. PM me with tha info if you can. thanks. you're car's great! keep up tha good work.
                            LOL.

Comment

I was wondering how a cb like with work rsz-r & i just try my luck to search it then i found your cb photochopped with the rims, it comes in handy ey?
                              Nice car btw is it still with u? no updates?
                              Last edited by willie_hwl; 06-02-2006, 01:35 AM.

Comment

i like your taste. can't wait to see what you decide to do with it. that's gonna be one of the nicest cb's around when you're done. and you've got some pretty nice photoshop skills too. keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X