Quashish : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no updates in a while so heres a bunch of pitures

at this point my dad who is an electrician was like "oh my god, what does this do again? how do you know what your doing? thats amazing how someone can think of this stuff"

re did the backlight running light, before I had the cheap led strips you can see in the picture below, those are gone now.

fixed my bi xenon got high beams again

about as good as I can get it im happy with it though. better than before.
    Last edited by Quashish; 07-15-2013, 12:55 AM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Sick! Now I HAVE to see it in person man!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

yeah we needs ta chill I never get time off of work though makes it hard.

for some reason I bought a CAI on ebay the other day, got it today. and yeah ... need to relocate my battery before it goes in I think.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Nice progression, Quash! How do you like your horns? Are they Hella Horns?

NVM, sickspeed,
          Last edited by AAPOQ; 07-27-2013, 11:05 AM.

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
          BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
          Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
          CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Thanks! yeah they are sickspeed horns. I like them decently loud probably could be louder with the relay im not sure. but don't sound as squeaky as the stock horn. more in your face.

im probably going to get a breaker and distribution block next paycheck. I only have like $70 in my checking until the 5th so. yeah. after I get those ill grab some wire and take on the battery relocation. that way I can put in the CAI. then ill make a heat shield.

still gotta study up on how to do the relocation. I need to go to pick n pull and tear apart a junked CB to actually see where all the wiring is going without fear of screwing something up on mine.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I like what you did with your headlights and I need to get some better horns. How much did you pay for the sickspeed ones?
              1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
              1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
              1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
              1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Relocation isn't that hard. Run a 0 gauge wire from trunk to cabin, split to two 4 gauge wires, run one to starter and one to the under dash fuse box, connect to + post on battery, run - post to ground on chassis (not body) with 0 gauge wire. Place battery in a battery box and secure... done!

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
                  I like what you did with your headlights and I need to get some better horns. How much did you pay for the sickspeed ones?
                  thanks I don't remember but theyre all over ebay. and come in a bunch of cool colors.

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                  Relocation isn't that hard. Run a 0 gauge wire from trunk to cabin, split to two 4 gauge wires, run one to starter and one to the under dash fuse box, connect to + post on battery, run - post to ground on chassis (not body) with 0 gauge wire. Place battery in a battery box and secure... done!
                  I know I just gotta see it before I do it kinda thing. all the DIY threads on here dont have many pictures of the actual progress.

so would the rear strut tower be considered a chassis ground? and would it still be ok to use it to ground the battery on one side if my amp is using the other strut tower as it's ground? Im just wondering because I have a rear upper strut bar.so you think bad idea or good?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                    so would the rear strut tower be considered a chassis ground? and would it still be ok to use it to ground the battery on one side if my amp is using the other strut tower as it's ground? Im just wondering because I have a rear upper strut bar.so you think bad idea or good?
                    Rear strut may be OK for your stereo, but it is a recipe for disaster for the control modules. Run multiple grounds to a few locations, the body on the car is not welded together but rather glued together with something called seam sealer. There is a box channel under the car that is a heavier gauge than the body panel sheet metal and I would make that my primary ground if it were me, but I would also ground to the body in a few locations, like in the trunk compartment behind the rear quarter panel where the ABS grounds out at.

Also I meant to run the main 12v to the under hood fuse box, not the under dash... my bad.

Comment

gotcha. i didn't even realize you said under dash i knew what you really meant ill find somewhere on the subframe to ground to or something.

Edit: where the tow hook bolts to the chassis would probably be the easiest.
                      Last edited by Quashish; 07-27-2013, 08:27 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                        thanks I don't remember but theyre all over ebay. and come in a bunch of cool colors.
                        ah ok, I will just have to search ebay
                        1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                        1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                        1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                        1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Should only be like $30 or so

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

showed up today and got to work

so much more room for activities!

and just because.

tomorrow ill finish up the relocation. need more 4guage wire for the starter, and to mount up the battery tray, hook up ground to battery, and put in the breaker.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

all mounted up

fixed this gap that's been bugging me

I get paid tomorrow so ill get a k&n. figure out something to do with this
                              Last edited by Quashish; 08-04-2013, 08:14 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

bought these to get rid of the cheesy looking red rubber couplers

and my K&N filter should be here tomorrow also got a huge 6' x 4' banner just because
                                Last edited by Quashish; 09-17-2013, 04:23 AM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X