Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1st night shoot attempt w/ D80 (56K no good)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1st night shoot attempt w/ D80 (56K no good)

Well, I've been wanting to try out my Nikon D80 at night time to see how the pics would turn out, and today turned out to be a pretty nice day, soo I gave the car a quick wash and drove around for several hours taking pics at different spots..Here are some of 'em Keep in mind, I'm still not used to the camera and its features, so please go easy on the flaming

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Well, those are all the pix that I've uploaded so far..I'll upload some more tmr

Comments, advices and criticisms, just fire away

Ronald

Comment

holy crap man...those are hawT!!!

nice car btw and love that color...

Comment

Thats what I'm talking about.... Yet I find another fine Shoot for pics... I like that.... I need to get in gear and get my damn car back.... I want some damn night pics too....lol keep it roll'n man... I like them

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

Some nice pics there buddy

Comment

1st off, dont non of you guys sleep?? Never catch me posting that early .....anyways, thats some damn good pics Ronald, most of them ate wallpaper worthy
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Really nice pics.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

look good ronald. your photos always have a similar style to them, especially down to the finishing... i really like it, curious what you do to them in photoshop.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks a lot guys Any constructive criticism out there, as to what I did wrong in the pics maybe? I'm trying to take better pics, but a lot of time I find that I take photos in the same angles and things, I dunno

I'm really glad I did the photoshoot last night tho, 'coz it is snowing HARD this morning!!

Mike, as for the editing in PS, I resized it, add a bit of contrast, and put the borders around them hehehe With my old camera I had to do a lot more editing (Blur, sharpen, noise reduction, shadow/highlight, etc.), but with the new camera, it kinda did everything for me when the pics are being taken hehe so far so good, no problems with the camera yet, except for indoor use..Long shutter speed and I don't go along that well, especially with this camera, since it's a lot heavier than my old one..I need a VR lens (Vibration Reduction), but that's not going to be for a while..For now, tripod is my friend

Ronald

Comment

Some more pix!

(Gotta love 15 second exposure!)

Comment

i didnt like accords with black bumpers all too much but damn man ur car is fawkin hot
                      it's been a while but i'm back!!

Comment

And here are two pix when I was playing around with 30 second exposure hehe..

Well, those are all that I have..Believe it or not, out of 120+ pics that I took, these are the only ones that turned out good..Shows how much I still need to learn huh?

My tripod sux..The new camera is too heavy for it, so the tripod mount keeps on moving around a lot..That's why a lot of my pics turned out blurry CF tripod is on the way tho

If any of you have some pointers or advices for me, please do! I wanna learn more!! Hehe I've yet to try the multiple exposure feature on the camera..Maybe when it stops snowing, and when I actually know how to use it

Ronald

Comment

Originally posted by 90cb7beast
                          i didnt like accords with black bumpers all too much but damn man ur car is fawkin hot
                          Thanks a lot man, it's still a work in progress

Comment

wow, damn good pics you got there!

first off, dont use photobucket. it really reduces the quality of the pictures. use imageshack.us. it resizes your pictures but doesnt sacrifice their quality.

one thing i can really tell is that you concentrate on getting your white balance dead on, or is that done in photoshop?

try the not to center the car so much. on some of these pics i feel like there can be much more to see if you just put the car off to the side and allow more of the background.

especially on this one
                            http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...4_19-15-00.jpg

im curious as to how the top of that building looks like, lol.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Haha my tripod can't get low enough and aim at such an angle! I tried, but didn't work!! I did take a pic from a different spot tho, where you can see the whole building..Wasn't a really good angle, buut..I'll post it in a bit You're right about centering the car too much tho..I always try to put the car to the side a bit, but I always ended up aiming right back at it haha Couldn't help it..I'll definitely keep that in mind for next time tho..Thanks for pointing that out man! Much appreciated Less car, more background

As for the image hosting, I normally resized the pics before I uploaded them..I don't really get what you're trying to say with the quality tho..Do they look bad? 'coz the pics look the same before and after I uploaded them haha

As for the white balance, I actually didn't do anything to the pics..They just kind of looked like that when I took the pics I did set the WB on the camera to auto tho, soo maybe that's why I keep getting similar white balance?

Ronald

Comment

Working...
                              X