INT: COMPLETE LED DASH - including all switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91hybridaccord
    I wonder if there would be a way to mount some sort of lights on the roof, that are kinda hidden.....do they make amber LED's??? I may want to do this, I think it would look awesome. BTW good job on the writeup mike!
    you could try mounting them in the bottom edge of the rearview mirror, or maybe the plastic piece where it hits the headliner.... or maybe angle mounted along the edge of the dome light... and yeah, they def do make amber LEDs. they make almost every color: http://www.lsdiodes.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index <-- btw this is the best site EVER... been dealing with them for a couple years now and love them. i recommend the standard 3 or 5mm LEDs, dont get the THC3 ones.

and thanks

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Man, I really need to get on this...I still need to superglue my indicators back in place since the base of all the bulbs popped out...maybe I'll fix my gas gauge while I"m at it.

One of these days...

Comment

How do you remove the blue behind the climate control buttons?

Also, what size are those little bulbs?
        Last edited by f22a; 08-23-2005, 01:15 PM.

For Sale: CB7 Climate Control Knobs. Replace your broken ones. $8 shipped or $15 for two. Even hondaautomotiveparts.com sells them for $8.79 BEFORE shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by f22a
          How do you remove the blue behind the climate control buttons?

Also, what size are those little bulbs?
          use a tiny screwdriver and pop the button faces off from the front - it will break the bottom clips, but the faces still reattach or use a bit of superglue to get them back on. when in use, u cant see the broken clips. under the faceplates are the removable blue plastic filters.

and i dont know the name/number for the little bulbs, they arent sold anywhere other than the dealer. ive found, though, that you can fit a base and a 74 sized bulb in the two spots on the back of the climate control. going to amber, i assume?

Current cars:

Comment

I noticed that when I took my spare climate control apart that there are like 8 tiny bulbs that light up the small indicators on top of the buttons....two of them appear to be yellow in color, I wonder if the dealer would be able to get the other 6 of these, and I could replace them for the white ones...im going amber, and im almost done....oh btw the jdm cc is green too isn't it? Would it be an easy task to convert it to amber as well? It would be awesome if someone could do a write up on this conversion as well....maybe ill give it a try...
            1991 Honda Accord Ex
            Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
            Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by 91hybridaccord
              I noticed that when I took my spare climate control apart that there are like 8 tiny bulbs that light up the small indicators on top of the buttons....two of them appear to be yellow in color, I wonder if the dealer would be able to get the other 6 of these, and I could replace them for the white ones...im going amber, and im almost done....oh btw the jdm cc is green too isn't it? Would it be an easy task to convert it to amber as well? It would be awesome if someone could do a write up on this conversion as well....maybe ill give it a try...
              you should give my DIY a read - the indicators above the buttons are 5mm LEDs, they can be swapped out for any regular LED, including amber. these indicators have no filters in the way.

the diagrams on each button face are lit up by two small bulbs, if you remove all the filters and replace the two bulbs with amber 74 bulbs, it should make it light up amber.

Current cars:

Comment

so i take it sharpieing everything.....would be bad?

Comment

When removing the temp and AC knobs...was anybody elses translucent part shit brown?
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

And how can you tell a blown LED from a good one?
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

leds can blow? wtf

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
                        leds can blow? wtf
                        Thats what the resistors are for
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

greatly overpower an LED and it audibly sizzles and turns brown and stinks

slightly overpower an LED and it slowly starts to flicker and dim out then eventually dies, but doesnt look any different.

way to tell if it is blown: hook it up to 3 volts

what to do if youre getting blown LEDs in your conversions: use higher rated resistors, thats why i used 560ohm's... enough to keep em safe, but not too much to dim them out. gotta remember to use 14v as the power source when doing automotive electrical calculations instead of 12v.

Current cars:

Comment

I figured out that the reason the light behind the pictures in the cc wasnt coming on was because the dimmer knob wasnt plugged in..stupid Honda.

Oh and I used 560ohm resistors too. Ill take pics when its ALL done. Right now I have a few more LEDS to wire.
                            Last edited by texasvtak; 08-26-2005, 11:21 PM.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
                              I figured out that the reason the light behind the pictures in the cc wasnt coming on was because the dimmer knob wasnt plugged in..stupid Honda.

Oh and I used 560ohm resistors too. Ill take pics when its ALL done. Right now I have a few more LEDS to wire.
                              Hope you used wedge LEDs sir. I used regular ones and it came out really nice, but wedge LEDs would make it mint.

Comment

Originally posted by bodiez
                                Hope you used wedge LEDs sir. I used regular ones and it came out really nice, but wedge LEDs would make it mint.
                                Hm? I think I used regular...
                                To-Do List for Today
                                Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X