No announcement yet.

INT: COMPLETE LED DASH - including all switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look on the bottom-center of the gauge bezel.....should be a little insignia there. That should tell you what kind you have.
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

ok man thanks alot and one last question would red lights go on the cluster? would they look good?

Comment

They would fit if you order the correct ones, and red would look good I think, that or amber/yellow.
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

one last question in order to do the dash do you need to solder it?

Comment

Originally posted by elositocandela
            one last question in order to do the dash do you need to solder it?
            soldering is not needed when swapping bulbs in the gauge cluster, but for the switches and climate control, you definately need to be able to solder.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ok but how come in the .zip file says that you have to solder it? sorry if a sound like a noob but i dont want to fuck up my cluster

Comment

ok but how come in the .zip file says that you have to solder it? sorry if a sound like a noob but i dont want to fuck up my cluster
                theres two ways of doing the gauge cluster, soldering single LEDs in place, or swapping all the bulbs for LED bulbs. both methods are discussed both in the guide and also in this thread.

Current cars:

Comment

OffTopic::

Hey Mike, the light that illuminates the "Fan speed" and "Temp. control" knobs dont turn on. Faulty bulb.
                  Is there a way to replace them?

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                    OffTopic::

Hey Mike, the light that illuminates the "Fan speed" and "Temp. control" knobs dont turn on. Faulty bulb.
                    Is there a way to replace them?
                    single 74 bulb on the back of the AC control unit

Current cars:

Comment

ok man thanks alot and one last question would red lights go on the cluster? would they look good?
                      Red lights won't look good because it has to shine through transparent green that the facotry has in place. Blue is pretty similar to green so this isn't much of a problem.

Question for you Mike: on a buddy's Si I took the gauge face and rubbed the back with a q-tip dipped in alcohol. It got that film stuff off(Si's are amber) so the gauges didn't have transparent coloration to them anymore. Then we ran blue LEDs in the cluster. Could this same thing be done to our gauges for those wanting other colors besides blue? I just can't remember what the back of my gauges look like.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Question for you Mike: on a buddy's Si I took the gauge face and rubbed the back with a q-tip dipped in alcohol. It got that film stuff off(Si's are amber) so the gauges didn't have transparent coloration to them anymore. Then we ran blue LEDs in the cluster. Could this same thing be done to our gauges for those wanting other colors besides blue? I just can't remember what the back of my gauges look like.
                        ive also heard of people using rubbing alcohol to clear out the gauges... the backs of my denso faces have the blue film on the back of the plastic, then have a white layer painted on behind it, where its different transparencies, so it evens out the light output of each number. if it didnt have this, the gauges would be bright on the sides, and dull on the top and bottom (because the bulbs are placed directly between each gauge)... for this reason, im assuming you cant clear out cb7 gauge faces... also heard of somebody sandpapering the back of the gauges... that would work for the first step, then maybe you can stack a couple layers of frosted scotch tape (not the super clear kind, the matte white kind) to even out the color?

Current cars:

Comment

Red lights won't look good because it has to shine through transparent green that the facotry has in place. Blue is pretty similar to green so this isn't much of a problem.

i guess ill go with the blue ones instead thanks man for the comment

Comment

This is awesome because alot of my bulbs are blown. I'm going to do the dx climate control conversion though. Has any one eles finished a dx climate control? Nice write up.
                            SuddenCb7 - 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

Comment

I'm sure Mike would do it for a small fee. Then again the only thing that got me on the LX/EX climate control was the knobs so maybe I could do it for a small fee. Hmmmmmmmmmmm?
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm sure Mike would do it for a small fee. Then again the only thing that got me on the LX/EX climate control was the knobs so maybe I could do it for a small fee. Hmmmmmmmmmmm?
                                grab a DX CC unit from a junkyard and see what you can come up with i havent had time for things like this recently, and ive honestly never used a DX CC... never seen a DX in a junkyard, and never owned a DX... ive been in mdizzle4shizzle's but thats it, so im not sure how they light up.

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X