Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: Extending Legend Sedan Lip (Gap solution)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks much better this way
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Nice job man! Looks seamless. Odd to me that extending the lip in the center would get rid of the side gap.

That's a lot of work to make a sedan lip fit like the coupe does IMO
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
        Looks much better this way
        Admin points

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
        Nice job man! Looks seamless.
        Thanks

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
        Odd to me that extending the lip in the center would get rid of the side gap.

That's a lot of work to make a sedan lip fit like the coupe does IMO
        It was more fun than work really. The whole thing took me about 3 hours,
        *cutting lip - 10 seconds
        *cutting, drilling and marking pipe - 10 minutes
        *applying plastic strips - 20 minutes....
        and so on

and I was constantly interupted, while also trying to figure out what materials to use, and I had to run to store for 80grit sanpaper (400 would have taken too long, thats 30 minutes right there) I did bust a sweat on the sanding, but I was rushing by then.

Its hard for some to find a coupe lip, and at a good price ($180 at the dealer). Both the coupe and sedan lip look good on the cb7 as is, but Im getting the best of both worlds. Dare I say the sedan lip looks more OEM?

Comment

If you had two sedan lips, you could cut each one an inch beyond center, then mate them up so there is only one seam. Bumper repair compound would remain more flexible (and it is black). Use a heavy duty adhesive to attach reinforcement on the back instead of screws to minimize finishing of the seam.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

now that is the perfect solution.
            The bondo ran me $10, and sandpaper another 5. could have got another lip

Comment

i would use fiberglass resin and make it flawless then completely sand to 600-800g prime, and some more then paints flat black.
              Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

that would bea professional result, fiberglass work seems simple enough.

(now im looking at all kinds of side skirts)

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
                  Fiberglass is bad idea, it does not stick to plastic.
                  Thanks for the heads up. I searched it and it said I would have to use some plastic epoxy or something, I would just use that then.

For only one lip the above method or similar works, and when i get my hands on another lip Im going to do it how Fleetwood suggested.

peace

These different methods are some good ways to make other kits for other cars fit ours. good stuff
                  Last edited by DCB7; 04-24-2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X