No announcement yet.

ENG: F22 Spark Plug Tube Seal Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a valve cover gasket kit from hondapartsnow.com and it did not come with the lower tube seals. I should have bought the Autonzone Felpros kit which I think does come with the lower tube seals.

Comment

I'm confused, will this cause the engine to let oil on the tip of the spark plug and burn oil and let out blue smoke, or will it get it in the spark plug tube and get it all over the back of the spark plug and the wire?

Comment

worn lower tube seals causes the spark plug to have oil on and around the electroid.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

ahhh this seams hardddd to do. i dont no if i can pull it off.
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

good job on the write up pal. this is a fairly easy job to do . thanks for the info.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

This past Monday, EricTheCarGuy posted a very thorough lower tube seal replacement video on his YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYU8qtPzQOY

Ignore his nagging. (For those of you who've seen his other videos, you'd know he's sick of that particular CB.)
              My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Great DIY did this last ight.
                2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Just to clarify since there are differences in the video and this diy:

So there is no need to completely remove the distributor and cam seals (or mess with the timing belt at all)? He simply removed the top bolt, loosened all the 10's and 12's, and popped the whole assembly off, without any of that having to hold one side of the camshaft down nonsense. If so this certainly simplifies this for the noobs.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                  Traded with: Cb7xChun
                  Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                  Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                  My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post

So there is no need to completely remove the distributor and cam seals (or mess with the timing belt at all)? He simply removed the top bolt, loosened all the 10's and 12's, and popped the whole assembly off, without any of that having to hold one side of the camshaft down nonsense. If so this certainly simplifies this for the noobs.
                    I saw that in the video. Made the job MUCH easier knowing I wouldn't have to touch the timing.
                    Also, I'd make SURE you have the assembly tightened down all the way. Mine was leaking and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out I'd tightened them to 11 ft lbs instead of 16lbs.
                    Last edited by GeoffM; 03-19-2011, 02:43 PM.
                    MRT
                    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                    Originally posted by Tippey764
                    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Did this today alone without messing with the timing at all. I think the act of setting the engine to TDC still needs to be done on account of the lash adjustment. My old lower seals crumbled when I tried to remove them.
                      All in all it was fun and only took me (a noob) about 3 hours, mostly because I could not find the torque wrench anywhere......

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                      WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post

that is correct.

i think i'm going to add the vid to the first post. eric the car guy does it just like they do at the dealership. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                          that is correct.

i think i'm going to add the vid to the first post. eric the car guy does it just like they do at the dealership. later.
                          Apparently they don't do it at the dealership. I went in and asked for parts and the parts guys said, exactly, "That's not something we'd do here.".
                          Also, that video is in the beginner technical stickies.
                          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

i don't know what to tell you guy. i watched it done on hundreds of accords at my dealership. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                              i don't know what to tell you guy. i watched it done on hundreds of accords at my dealership. later.
                              I think the parts guy must've been new. I took it apart again, this time only took me about 10 minutes.
                              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

in need of this surgery asap.. all my tubes got oil in em...

So I was thinking what would Jesus drive?

Comment

Working...
                                X