No announcement yet.

ENG:F22a6 intake manifold swap; coolant refresh; seafoam job; oil/filter change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG:F22a6 intake manifold swap; coolant refresh; seafoam job; oil/filter change

Well, I wrote it in MS Word, and I wanted to just copy and paste, not write it twice. But it won't paste my pics! So I used frontpage to stick it all on my web page.

http://users.adelphia.net/~hagakure962

Feedback is required! I do appreciate it. And questions! Bueller? Bueller?...

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

I am really impressed. Very detailed. And with pics! Informative and concise. Job well done!
    O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

hmmm... even tho this thread isnt proper and its just a link, i understand how annoying it would be to rewrite that whole thing as a post... so dont worry about it. im only allowing this because that was a VERY well done DIY! good job.

oh and i found that convo u had w/ the parts guy about the EGR plugs really funny, i was laughing out loud for a bit.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

nice writeup... detailed, explanitive, and humorous

Comment

Damn nice work man...good detail, pics, and everything.
          92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

You should check out the DIY catch can and keep that IM nice and clean.
            92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

nice diy. planty of pic for the guys that don't know what u were talking about.
              how did u fix the throtle cable.
              mine sucks. when i start in the mornig i have low rpms. then when the car has been working for a while the rmps stay at 1400.

so how did u fixh the idle. did u mess with the idle screw on the throtle body???
              or did u mess with the throtle cable???
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

I haven't touched the throttle cable or the idle valves. I just bolted them back on. I plan on lowering the idle a bit when I get some time, as its a bit high for my liking. What problem did you have putting the throttle cable back? I can take some pics of mine if you want.
                Thanks mods for letting it stay, like I said I finished it yesterday after 3 days and it was already like 4-5 am. When I realized the pics wouldn't paste, I was ready to just give up. But I already have a web page that will take 10mb and I am able to paste to it. I will see if I can make it proper over the next week or two, as it will take me a while get all the pics in order. When I went to sleep at like 5:30 am this morning I kept thinking, "when I look tomorrow all I'll see is 'closed: improper format".
                I'm glad you guys think its detailed, I thought it was a bit too vague myself. If I had someone else to take the pics and write down what I was doing it would be better. Instead I had to stop and take the pics myself, and try to recite it all from memory. I thought about just putting it in technical because I felt hard-pressed to get it in a "diy" format. That's another reason its not completely in the format that is asked of.
                If there are questions about it feel free to ask. I'm usually not too busy so don't be a stranger.
                Oh and to the mods, if theres something that you feel needs to be changed let me know and I can change it, since its on another webpage.
                Last edited by accordaffair; 12-14-2004, 12:24 AM. Reason: Add an afterthought

Comment

very good write up, now i know where the brake booster line ism, lol. thankman.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

haha Now i know where to put in the seafoam. good diy. I already have teh a6 manifold Maybe i should clean it =)

Comment

great diy man. props on the crush washers. not many people understand the concept,lol.
                      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Any follow up on this F22a6 intake manifold swap and installing the PT6 ECU and IAB control box? Your swap is pretty much pointless without the intake manifold working properly as it was originally intented to function this way.

May I also suggest adding a cam regrind to this to take advantage of it more.

You did a great job on the DIY, just need to follow it through.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

This is true. Sorry I don't have the parts yet, I just wanted to report on what I had so far. I will put up the information as I do it.

Comment

Just wanted to inform everyone that I updated the webpage. Changed the layout a bit, and added some information down towards the bottom. Look for "Updated". I fixed my idle issue, rigged the bypass valves, and got my egr replacement caps from Honda.

Comment

Nice write-up man. Just one question. (probably a stupid question) What is the whole thing with seafoam about? Sorry if it's already discussed somewhere, I couldn't find it.
                              Everything is a work in progress

Comment

Working...
                              X