Dist. cap and rotor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dist. cap and rotor

hi all. I have a 1993 accord lx coupe. I am trying to get the distributer rotor off but it just does NOT want to come out. I have tried prying at it thus breaking the inside dist. plastic cover. I just cant seem to get it off. I put alot of muscle into it too!!!

My friend says that it might have a phillips screw holding it down. He has an 89 accord and it has that screw.

The rotor is a TEC brand honda oem, but im not sure what the cap brand is, also honda oem. I have an external coil if that helps. So any help would be appreciated!!
    2001 NHB ITR-902 - The Beater
    1993 Accord LX Coupe

R.I.P
    Iz
    '59-'97

with the cap OFF bump ignition untill the SCREW succuring the rotor can be seen from the front.UNSCREW it frome the shaft.
    my reccomedation look at how it comes aprt befor you start prying.

Comment

good luck mr. architect

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Re: Dist. cap and rotor

So you are saying that this has a screw? Well according to the helms manuel there is NO screw. I just called a A and H motors, and they dont think there is a screw either.

So can someone who owns a 1993 accord LX please helpa brotha out? thanks!!!
        2001 NHB ITR-902 - The Beater
        1993 Accord LX Coupe

R.I.P
        Iz
        '59-'97

Comment

oops,my f'up.just checked 91 to 93 models 93 is a push on.
          try tapping lightly on the end ,that may beak it loose.

Comment

Just checked my Haynes manual, and it should pull off with no screw. It advises to use a flathead screwdriver to gently help it off.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Re: Re: Dist. cap and rotor

Originally posted by art vandeleigh
              So you are saying that this has a screw? Well according to the helms manuel there is NO screw. I just called a A and H motors, and they dont think there is a screw either.

So can someone who owns a 1993 accord LX please helpa brotha out? thanks!!!
              I have a '93 lx coupe w/ extenal TEC coil. There is no screw. Go buy a new rotor from a parts store (you should replace it anyways), you'll see how it fits on. The best comparison would be a dial on a stove or a home stereo. Pull it hard, but in a linear way (straight out).

Comment

Working...
              X