Timing belt loose??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing belt loose??

ok just wondering if anyone has pics or just knows about there timing belts. ....mine kind of slides a little bit not alot but just a little lol.....is this ok? If i ever get this car started i dont want it to go flying off

bump

Comment

Well you can't see your timing belt so i don't think your thinking of the correct belt. If you timing belt broke you would bend valves and all that good stuff.

My guess would be that you're probably talking your accessory belt. And from what i know if the belt falls off its not the end of the world but you will probably loose power steering, AC, and your other accessories. Its a cheap and easy enough fix so i would suggest just fixing it.

EDIT: sorry i didn't realize you didn't have the car started yet. If you have the engine apart and your looking at the belt and its sliding then I would definitly replace it. If its loose enough to slide it might be loose enough to slip and that wouldn't be good.
      Last edited by Rusty; 12-05-2007, 06:44 PM.
      "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
      - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

once you get the belt installed and all the marks lined up, make sure to turn the crank counterclockwise 3 teeth. this makes it so all slack between the crank and cam gears is taken up, and all extra slack is taken up by the tensioner.

so line it up, tighten the tensioner, turn the crank, loosen tensioner, retighten tensioner.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ok thanks ill do that

Comment