installed a tranny cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed a tranny cooler

the cooler cost 30 at pepboys....and magnefine filter which is a magnet filter i bought on ebay for 20 bucks a while back.

magnefine after the cooler...going to the tranny

i used this brass fitting that is supposed to screw in 2 threaded pipes from the tranny (some cars) to mate 2 cooling hoses to save time..this is comming from the radiator cooling area...i was too lazy to route it from the aftermarket cooler to the radiator cooler...

like this...i just left that copper piece there.

routing...

this is my dry fit...looks better now not right here...

here

tada

the flow of the cooler goes from the bottom (comming from the tranny) and up to the top where it goes back to the tranny...

i did this cause i thought of convection how heat rises...i doubt it made a difference but its more common sense hehe.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

and that was officially a waste of time. lol.

tee freaking hee

i jest, i jest.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Good job..

I also have Hayden Auto Transmission installed on
      my car too!
      1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
      2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
      3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
      4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
      5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

post a pic bud!
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cpmike
          [B]and that was officially a waste of time. lol.

not unless its a automatic tranny. and the weather is very hot all year around
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i.ve got the same cooler on the wifey's auto sentra..

My Ride

Comment

is it worth the money ztech>? hit me up on AIM=slowassaccord210

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

even if i didnt feel a difference, i know my tranny is a bit cooler...

i like to downshift and accelerate hard so i think i needed it.. =)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

yeah do u see any difference in shifting man. i am thinking of doing the same thing.(since i work as a pizza delivery)

Comment

i guess its a good and cheap insurance for ur tranny...looks like im gettin one too

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

only thing is...just watch out in the winter...one of my friends has 6g auto v6accord and as most of us know those auto trannys suck...but he overcooled it with a trans cooler in the winter so meh....

but once my turbo goes in...it really comes in handy...but i wont be driving it in the winter

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
                      AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

winters arent that bad here and my cooler isnt rated at that high, its basically a normal cooler, not a super cooler...

our coldest winters are like 30 degrees, but normal 40-50.

with my driving i doubt u can over cool it =)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

well im from chicago and winters suck...thats why i aint runnin her in the winter....

but thats cool....mines just the lowest hayden model just to cool it of a little....not one of those huge ass ones for towing

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
                          AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

Sweetness. Im thinking about installing one with my H22 swap. Figure it will be easier to do with the motor out of the car.

Comment

hey dude was it hard to install that thing. did it come with mounting brackets? how much tranny oil did u have to add to that thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X