extra bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extra bolts

You know how whenever you work on your car when you finish you always have extra nuts and bolts. LOL
    Does anyone else do that on purpose or is it just me? I mean there are some things that just aren't necessary and a PITA to remove so when I get them off I leave them off. For example the brace that connects the intake manifold to the block- gone, the timing belt cover- gone. the dust sheild or whatever its called (under the bumper and radiator)- gone. There's other things to but you get the point.

I know some of you will say Honda put that there for a reason, I know that and I also removed them for a reason HAha.
    MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
    If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Lol I like the thinking! Yea a lot of that stuff I removed too! I suppose some of it could help. But since these engines get a different kind of abuse than Honda designed t hem for, tbelt covers and such arent as necessary. I got a whole bag of extra bolts after I finished my engine rebuild. A little disconcerting, but 12,000 miles and no problems so oh well!

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

I would leave that support brace for the intake manifold-to-block. That weight will act like a lever arm and potential for vacuum leaks down the road in the intake manifold gasket area.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

weight reductions.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
          I would leave that support brace for the intake manifold-to-block. That weight will act like a lever arm and potential for vacuum leaks down the road in the intake manifold gasket area.
          I plan on replacing it when/if I go turbo. It's been out for two years now and hadn't cause any trouble.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

The quote in my sig comes to mind.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              weight reductions.
              Some dude lost 150lbs or something like that by taking unwanted bolts out of a miata lol. I try to put all my bolts back whenever I take crap apart. There are some parts I dont put bolts back because I know I am going to take it off more thtan once.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                The quote in my sig comes to mind.. lol
                "If you can take something apart and put it back together with parts to spare,
                then you must be smarter then the engineer that designed it." Anynomous

Exactly! on the money!

i like to remove random brackets that get in the way as well.. lol
                -:¦:-
                Originally posted by wed3k
                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

werd, fuck those extra bolts and plastic sheilds.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

This threads not as bad as I thought it would get. You guys understand my thinking

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
                      This threads not as bad as I thought it would get. You guys understand my thinking
                      yes sir

ive done 3 motor swaps, including friends and have always had at least a baggy full of bolts

Comment

i have a large box of spare bolts... every time i do something i reduce the unnecessary bracket and bolt count and save them as spares. i just couldnt stop myself when i was doing my own engine bay...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                          i have a large box of spare bolts... every time i do something i reduce the unnecessary bracket and bolt count and save them as spares. i just couldnt stop myself when i was doing my own engine bay...
                          Yeah I've seen your bay, nice work. Did you ever get the p/s working?

Comment

I've seen it happen at mechanic shops, they just throw them away.

Sometimes they keep them, but, the point is, they don't spend a lot of time trying to figure out where, they go. If it works, its fine, don't worry about it.

They were superfluous, hehe

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                            where you been, is something wrong?
                            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
                            X