Prelude electrical diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prelude electrical diagram

Im doing a Prelude intrument cluster retro fit. But i can't find any hanyes or chilton manuel for the BB6 prelude does any body know where i can find one on here or the Web. I know cp[Mike] and Project would know.

the only diagram i have is for a 1999 auto/tiptronic lude

pg 1 http://www.****.com/pics/99-lude-cluster-wiring.gif
    pg 2 http://www.****.com/pics/99-lude-cluster-wiring-2.gif

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Not to thread jack but would they be similar to the manual h22 hookup? I would think so just without the lil D4/d3 and all that lit up. Also I might be able to get my hands on a used NS cluster auto would that female plug in there be similar to the manual NS cluster? It should be the same but wanted to make sure.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

So mike what you basicaly do is just match the wires from the two (accord and prelude) diagrams. For example the tach on the accord might be blue so you just find out the wire that is the tach on the prelude harness and soder them together am i correct.

Comment

Originally posted by DTaccords85
          So mike what you basicaly do is just match the wires from the two (accord and prelude) diagrams. For example the tach on the accord might be blue so you just find out the wire that is the tach on the prelude harness and soder them together am i correct.
          correct. thats how most of the indicators and gauges work. the power and illumination wiring you need to get a little creative with.

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Not to thread jack but would they be similar to the manual h22 hookup? I would think so just without the lil D4/d3 and all that lit up. Also I might be able to get my hands on a used NS cluster auto would that female plug in there be similar to the manual NS cluster? It should be the same but wanted to make sure.
          idk man, ive never seen a manual cluster or its wiring..

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Looking at the diagram the prelude has 4 connectors and wire harness on it an A,B,C,and D right.

Comment

auto clusters, yes have 4 plugs A,B,C,D . manual prelude clusters just have 3 plugs.

cpmike did a general DIY thread for cluster swaps.. you should follow it. its pretty straight forward if ur comfortable with reading electrical diagrams and of course wiring..

are u making a plug-n-play harness or are you going to just splice into ur current accord harness..??

anyways have fun! lol

Sean
              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Im try to do a plug and play but cant find a BB6 prelude at the junkyard.

Comment

Originally posted by DTaccords85
                  Im try to do a plug and play but cant find a BB6 prelude at the junkyard.
                  good luck finding one. best bet will be finding it on ebay or a wrecked car. anyways, I might be able to help. I'm gonna do the same thing you are doing to another member here. he's gonna send me the harness and cluster, and I am gonna make the jumper harness for him. I just got done with mine, all plug and play. thing that sucks is that I misplaced the fucken papers for everything. good thing is, I can get the etm from honda because I work for them.
                  The beginning of a new era............................
                  165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                  184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Ebay has a few for around 75-100. You might be lucky and get one for 50 as I have seen on there.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

go to www.hondahookup.com you can download every shop manual for the bb6 on there once you register. If you can't get em PM me I have em all on my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                        I would think it would be pretty close, except the auto ludes have a display of which gear you're in so it might be a lil different (cause of the tiptronic).

EDIT: Cluster for sale - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=85183

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                          good luck finding one. best bet will be finding it on ebay or a wrecked car. anyways, I might be able to help. I'm gonna do the same thing you are doing to another member here. he's gonna send me the harness and cluster, and I am gonna make the jumper harness for him. I just got done with mine, all plug and play. thing that sucks is that I misplaced the fucken papers for everything. good thing is, I can get the etm from honda because I work for them.
                          So you have done one b4 is it difficult, are any thing that i need to becareful about?

Comment

pretty simple if you know how to read electrical diagrams and how to sauder. it's very time consuming, I can tell you that much. there are many wires that are the same color and goes to same place, that will throw you off a little. If you can wait, when I get done with all my side jobs, I will search again for the pin locations and do a DIY on this. I am gonna do a jumper harness for a member on here too for his prelude swap. he's also paying me to do it. If you're interested, let me know. remember, mine is plug and play.
                            The beginning of a new era............................
                            165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                            184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

wait did fliplyricist sell his setup? he was selling the cluster with the custom harness he made. I can't remember if he sold it though, definitely worth looking into...

Comment

Working...
                              X