H.I.D Look-alike bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H.I.D Look-alike bulbs

Has anyone had a good/bad experience with H.I.D look-alike replacement bulbs? How do they compare to a real H.I.D system? Also why are H.I.D kits illegal when many new cars come with H.I.D?
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

I'm pretty sure my car came with some silverstars. They look quite nice at night! not quite HID's but about as close as you can get with standard bulbs. it's also alot cheaper

As for why kits are illeagle:
    too many people just slaped on HID's and did a pretty shotty job of it. Sure it lit the road better but it also threw off ALOT of GLARE. So many people complained about it that alot of states have made it illeagle.

If you do the job right you shouldn't have any trouble with the law.
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

Yup. I have the shitty knock-off eBay lights. They were 15 bucks shipped for both sets (9005-6), and they look real nice. Nice white at night, and the blue bulbs give a cool aura to the lights during the day. Certainly not HID, but well worth 15 or 20 bucks.
      1 3 5
      |-|-|
      2 4 R

[ [ - ] ] ( ( ) ) [ [ \ ] ] [ [ ) ) / / - \ \

Comment

take lots of pics and give me them.. il add them to the HID look alike bulb comparison thread

Comment

take lots of pics and give me them.. il add them to the HID look alike bulb comparison thread

Comment

those bulbs are the best way to have hid without paying for it, right xplode?
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I had the best luck w/mtec bulbs. They kick major ass. Nice white light @ night, too bad I got a shit load of sand particles embedded into my headlight.

OLD ASS PICS w/MTEC bulbs: OLD ASS, car no longer rolls like this. LOL.

My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                Yup. I have the shitty knock-off eBay lights. They were 15 bucks shipped for both sets (9005-6), and they look real nice. Nice white at night, and the blue bulbs give a cool aura to the lights during the day. Certainly not HID, but well worth 15 or 20 bucks.
                same here... i love them... i think i got all 4 headlight bulbs and two xenon 1156's for my bumper lenses for a total of $12 shipped... bulbs still havent burnt out and i they look much better than stock for only $12...

make the housing tint blue...

and look nice at night...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                  those bulbs are the best way to have hid without paying for it, right xplode?
                  HAHAHA.. sure ztech... sure.. all i know is that my hid's are sick as hell.. too bad theyre not in yet .. still waiting on having the new headlamps put on the car.. but i dont think thats gonna happen til i get back from vegas in 3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                  X