Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Won't Start, won't even turn over!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Won't Start, won't even turn over!!!

Alright, It started about a month ago.

I get in the car, and put the key in the switch. Push the clutch in and turn the key. All i get out of it is one click. The battery is charged, and is holding a charge. It just wont turn over.

About a week after the first time i did it. I was in the car and tried to turn it over. Didn't do anything. I turned the lights on and the parking lights came on, but the headlights didn't. I turned them back off, then back on. This time the headlights came on. Well i turned the key and it turned over and over and over. It finally started. It was fine for about a week and then it happend again, except, it won't even turn over with the lights on. The lights won't even come on this time.

Someone have any ideas. Im thinking the starter.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Check your grounds, make sure you have good contact with the connections at the under-hood fuse box, make sure your fuses are good. Check for corrosion on the starter connections. That's where I would start.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Thanks Foamy, I will check those. I've checked the fuses, there all good. But i will check the connections on the starter tomorrow when i get home.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

id say starter. or the connections to it, or a loose ground.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

starter contact could be the prob, if in fact you have starter contacts.

Comment

Well if he's not getting headlights sometimes, I would think its the terminals up AT the battery. Sometimes the wires can be all corroded inside, even if they look nice and clean.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
              Well if he's not getting headlights sometimes, I would think its the terminals up AT the battery. Sometimes the wires can be all corroded inside, even if they look nice and clean.
              Yep I had this same problem on my accord, I ended up replacing the Neg battery cable, but they can just be cleaned and then use battery terminal paint to prevent corrosion

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

YUP!! what everyone is saying are ALMOST deadon!

if you clean your terminals..and retighten them....it will start! NOW, check your Neg. Battery Cable...all the way down to the starter...is it corroded badly?? ( blueish-green corrosion )...if so..REPLACE IT! ...but sometimes..that solenoid could be going bad... HENCE...my best friend ( Oozingmachismo2 ) Eugene ...had or has that same problem from time to time..when his CB7 gets hot. it clicks....or at least I think he fixed it.....Id have to call him to ask him if he fixed his starting problem...but yeah, double check your bat. cables...if in deed you have doubt...change em...get new bat. terminals..and a new Neg. bat cable as well! if that doesn't seem to fix your problem..get a new starter!

92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Sounds like a rotten negative battery terminal to starter ground... I've had to replace that cable on my CB... for both cars. $8 fix

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    Sounds like a rotten negative battery terminal to starter ground... I've had to replace that cable on my CB... for both cars. $8 fix
                    ^^ yup or even cheaper....just take that ground right......clean it...dip it in some solvent and let it marinate! to clean off the corrosion!

and let it dry for a couple of days! JUST AS GOOD..but not as good as a new one!

take the loom off.....and dip or soak it in solvent.....after it dries for a couple of days...rewrap it with electrical tape!

and OOGA BOOGA..you're good to go! ( Poor mans fix )
                    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

damn, i get out of school and see all these post to help me out. I'll have to check them here in a while. I hope its just a cable or a terminal. I hope i dont have to replace the starter yet. But the negative cable going to the starter is looking a little "blue". Ima take the cables off this weekend and clean them bitches. Thanks you guys

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Negative battery cable owns me. Thanks you guys.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Working...
                        X